Tuesday, December 27, 2011

This challenge will run from January 1st, 2012 until December 31st, 2012.
You can join anytime.  The host of the event is http://www.babiesbooksandsigns.com/2011/12/join-my-z-book-challenge.html
If you are blogger, leave the link to your actual post about this challenge.
If you are not a blogger, leave a link to where you will be keeping track of this challenge.
So there are two different ways you can set up your own A-Z challenge.

A – Make a list now of 26 books, picking one for each letter of the alphabet. For example: A – Atonement B- Black Beauty C – The Count of Monte Cristo D – Dances with Dragons etc.
OR

B – The lazy way (how I do it) : Make a list on your blog from A-Z. Throughout the year, as you go along, add the books you are reading to the list. Hope that by the end of the year you have read one book for each letter. Towards the end of the year, you can check and see which letters you are missing and find books to fit.
Each month, I will add another challenge to this main challenge. It might to read a book with both A and Z in the title or to read a book with 3 words that all start with the same letter. I might host a few random giveaways too for good measure. If you’ve got some idea for the mini-challenges, send them to the host  by clicking here!!!

Since it is really hard to find titles beginning with X, the letter X just needs to be in the title somewhere.

So to join along….

1. Write a blog post about this challenge and whether you are going go with A or B.
2. Add the button to your blog.
3. Attach yourself to the linky.
4. Follow my blog so that you can see when I post the monthly challenge!

I am doing the Lazy B way.  :)


My A-Z Titles:

A.   ALL HE SAW WAS THE GIRL by Peter Leonard - ABDICATION by Juliet Nicolson - ANGEL SLEUTH by Lesley A. Diehl - (THE) ACCIDENTAL DON by Guy J. Tirondola

B.   BITTER FREEDOM by Jafa Wallach - (THE) BOOK OF TOMORROW by Cecelia Ahern - (THE) BOOK OF SYLVIA BY Michael Scott Miller

C.  (THE) CONFESSION by Charles Todd - COKE WITH A TWIST by A. W. Hartoin

D.  DEAD IS THE NEW BLACK by Christine DeMaio-Rice - DARK ROOM by Joshua Graham - (THE) DEVIL'S LEGACY by Tom Jackson - DANGEROUS PAST by A.  F. Ebbers - CITY OF WOMEN by David R. Gillham

E. ENZA by Kristy K. James

F.  FIREFLY BEACH by Meira Pentermann

G. GODS AND FATHERS by James LePore - GOTHIC SPRING by Caroline Miller

H. (THE) HAPPY HOUSEWIFE by Kate Cooch - (THE) HOUSE OF SERENADES by Lina Simone - HER HONOR'S BODYGUARD by Johny Ray - HEMLOCK LAKE by Carolyn J. Rose

I.  IT'S MURDER, MY SON by Lauren Carr - (THE) ISLAND HOUSE by Posie Graeme-Evans

J.

K.

L.  LOSING CLEMENTINE by Ashley Ream - LOTS OF CANDLES, PLENTY OF CAKE by Anna Quindlan - LITERALLY DEAD by James Conroy - (A) LIGHTER SHADE OF GRAY by Devon Pearse - OLD LOVES DIE HARD by Lauren Carr - LIGHTING CANDLES IN THE SNOW by Karen Jones Gowen

M. MICHAEL'S REWARD by Mario Bernheim - (THE) MINE by John A. Heldt - MISS DREAMSVILLE AND THE COLLIER COUNTY LITERARY SOCIETY by Amy Hill Hearth

N.

O.  OLD LOVE DIES HARD by Lauren Carr - OWNING TREASURE by Joe & Laura Wilbur

P. PLAYING THE GENETIC LOTTERY by Terri Morgan - (THE) POST-COLLEGE GUIDE TO HAPPINESS by Bryan Cohen- POSTCARDS FROM HOME by Sylvia Morice - (THE) PERSIAN PICKLE CLUB by Sandra Dallas

Q.

R. (THE) RELUCTANT MARQUESS by Maggi Andersen (THE) ROOTS OF THE OLIVE TREE by Courtney Miller Santo - (THE) ROPEWALK by John Knauf

S. (THE) SECRET KEEPER by Sandra Byrd - SKEWERED HALO by Brenda Youngerman - (THE) STORY OF THE WEST by Susan Spence  - SELKIE DREAMS by Kristen Gleeson  SUMMERLAND by  Elin Hilderbrand - SPIRIT OF LOST ANGELS - Liza Perrat - SHADES OF MURDER by Lauren Carr - STONEBRIDGE MANOR by Peter C. Bradbury

T.  TITANIC 2012 by Bill Walker - (THE) TOWER, THE ZOO, AND THE TORTOISE by Julia Stuart - TRUST NO ONE by Laurel Bradley - TAHOE TRAP by Todd Borg - THINGS REMEMBERED by Georgia Bockoven - THE TWELFTH CHILD by Bette Lee Crosby

U.  URSULA'S PRISM by Anna Block - (THE) UNLIKELY PILGRIMAGE OF HAROLD FRY by Rachel Joyce

V.

W. (A) WALK ACROSS THE SUN by Corban  Addison

X.

Y.  YESTERDAY'S DEAD by Pat Bourke

Z..


13 comments:

  1. LOL...I need it...I never did this before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! If I wasn't such a lazy kid, I would do a challenge like this...buuuuut...yeah. hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with it! I'm in it too and it looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by...It is quite amazing that we are both in the same city, with the same name & are both Geminis.

    This is my first year doing reading challenges & after giving it some thought, I was afraid that one would be too much. I'm in 5 others and I didn't want to take on too much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like fun. Good luck to you! Also, for some reason I couldn't find a comment thing on the Scotland pictures, but gorgeous pictures! My husband has been to Scotland, but I haven't...YET.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the way you added the A-Z list to the end of this post! Great idea! I should go back and add it to mine. Glad you're doing this as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow...now that's a challenge!
    Hope you find all the books you need :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am worried about that Michelle. :)

    I hope I do too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for stopping by my blog.. Happy to follow u too

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for joining my challenge!

    Lindsey @ babiesbooksandsigns.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This kind of challenge always sounds like so much fun to me because it leaves the kind of book wide open but still makes you work for it. I'm going to have to go through my reading lists one day to find out how close I come to making it without even trying. If I'm more than half way there, then I might have to sign up for this one one day!

    ReplyDelete