Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Storefront of a Scottish BookShop



I  just couldn't pass up sharing this adorable bookshop photo from my trip to Scotland.  The entire street was cobblestone and the sidewalk was made of those larger stones.

Wasn't able to go inside because it was closed even though it says OPEN. They close shop in Scotland around six p.m. every evening.


The entire trip was a lot of fun. We visited castles, saw a lot of history, and accidentally found a Scottish Literary Tour that we booked. It was very informative and interesting.

The cold temperatures and rain aside, Edinburgh and the entire country of Scotland is a quaint place.

I am enjoying the high temperatures back here in the states.  Finally thawing out.  :)




16 comments:

  1. That's a nice quaint storefront. I could imagine myself spending magical hours there paging through books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything there is quaint...the bookshop was extra adorable!! :)

    Thanks for stopping by and commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so jealous! It must be amazing to go visit Scottland.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great trip. I was there in April and froze my butt off too. It's worth it though. Such a cool place to visit. Can't wait to go back and spend more time exploring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you had a good time! That bookshop looks so quaint and inviting -- too bad it was closed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the photo! Things closed up early when we were in the UK last year, even in London.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful place to visit...thanks for sharing your photos with us! Hope you get warm soon!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous, but then Scotland is just magical anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree, Donna. Scotland is magical.

    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Length truly is a great factor :)
    New follower from the Blog Hop
    -Buffi
    My Wonderfully Dysfunctional Blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is such a nice picture. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, I would love to go to Scotland! Thanks for sharing the picture, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I used to visit this shop quite regularly when I worked in Edinburgh - what a lovely picture of it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Edinburgh is so cute...love it.

    ReplyDelete