Monday, September 17, 2012

Teaser Tuesdays - 9/18


 
Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.

I haven't played along for a very long time and wanted to join in this week.  Hope you can too.

• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


My Current Read is HEMLOCK LAKE by Carolyn J. Rose 

 
Page 121:

The boat shot forward and she came upright in one smooth motion, shedding water droplets like diamonds scattered from a broken necklace.  "No! Nat!!" I tried to stand.  The swing lurched beneath me.  "Don't take the dare!"

It is a thriller and a book about healing and letting go. I will have a review in a few days.
 

22 comments:

  1. Sounds good! Exciting teaser!

    My teaser is here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, taking dare's are never a good idea! Good Teaser!

    http://mrscaptkirk51.blogspot.com/2012/09/teaser-tuesdays-sept18.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. The name of the book sounds ominous -- "Hemlock" -- and so does the dare. Great teaser.
    Mine is from HOLLYWOOD BEGINNINGS.
    (LOVE the photo in the header of your blog.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exciting teaser! Sounds interesting.

    Here's my Teaser Tuesday =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I doubt if that warning's going to be enough to deter Nat ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are correct, Kah. :)

    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like an interesting read. I haven't actually heard of this book before reading your post so thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your teaser.. My TT.
    New Follower! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds intriguing.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/09/teaser-tuesday_18.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for partaking in this book meme and posting your answer here with us.

    I've been wanting to participate in a book meme and post it to my blog. This one sounds like a fun one to do.

    Are there other fun book memes out there that you enjoy participating in as well? If so, please share which ones! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Exciting teaser! Thanks for sharing and for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great teaser. Sounds like an great book. I look forward to reading your review.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great teaser, thanks for sharing =) And thanks for dropping by my blog earlier =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the teaser - and thank you all for checking it out and leaving comments. I hope you find it lives up to your expectations

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Elizabeth,

    Great teaser lines, they left me wondering just what this dare might be and definitely wanting to read on.

    I had to cheat a little and checked out the new to me author and this book. I was right, I definitely want to read this one and its follow up.

    I thought the cover was amazing on your copy, however Amazon are showing an alternative cover for the Kindle edition, which is equally alluring.

    Thanks for sharing,

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am almost done....the ending is even better than the teaser. Whew!!

    It is a great who-done-it and a book about things in everyday life we all have to face.

    Excellent book and author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for stopping by! Really liked your teaser! I will try doing that when I have time. How did you get so many followers?

    ReplyDelete