Friday, October 12, 2012

Book Blogger Hop - 10/12 - 10/18

Book Blogger Hop

QUESTION OF THE WEEK:

With Autumn upon us and Halloween drawing near, what books remind you of fall? What ones do you enjoy reading that are about autumn?


MY ANSWER:

To me Autumn always brings to mind leaves and scary themes in books.  

I haven't read too many books about leaves or ones that have scary themes lately, but HEMLOCK LAKE could sort of be a fall book since the hemlock is a tree and trees have leaves and hemlock is sort of a poison....sounds pretty good for something dealing with Halloween.  :)  

HEMLOCK LAKE is an excellent read even though it isn't about hemlocks.....it is a mystery....MY FAVORITE genre.

The most frightening book I have read lately and one that would be good for fall and Halloween would be MURDER TAKES TIME....no review on my blog yet because I am on a blog tour and my review date isn't until November 30.  

I have reviewed Murder Takes Time on Shelfari and Goodreads, though.  

My review on Shelfari has a typewriter icon next to the review, and my name on  Shelfari is Inkberry.  :)  Real scary name, huh?  :)

Another good one for fall and Halloween would be TAHOE TRAP.

There are also a number of other books in my archive that would be good for fall reads.  

Stop by and check out the archives if you like.

Have a fun hop.



10 comments:

  1. I generally don't seek out different books for different seasons these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping.

    I normally don't see them out either, but decided to give it a try for this post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have to add these to my list! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stopping over to say hello. I just don't read enough to answer your question. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Review - I added Hemlock Lake to my TBR. I'll check back for your review on Murder Take Time...Heather

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by my Friday Hops! Mysteries are always great for the Halloween season, especially spooky ones.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've read Murder Takes Time and I enjoyed it.

    Thanks for stopping by Literary R&R! =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Elizabeth!

    I normally don't read books that are too scary, even at this time of year. My supernatural reads have to be laced with romance, or I simply won't be interested.

    Several years ago, I read a BEAUTIFUL, romantic ghost story, titled "Tryst". The author's name is Elswyth Thane. Look for it at your public library, since it's out of print, and therefore, very expensive to get.

    Happy Autumn, and Happy Reading!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmm, leaves and scary things...now that you mention it, agreed! That's what I think of too--which I guess is how I ended up with leaf-books, since I don't like scary ones.

    ReplyDelete
  10. For me, this time of year I tend not to connect with other readers as much because I don't enjoy reading the scary type books as much.

    Thanks so much for stopping by my new blog! I hope we can get to know each other through the blogosphere!

    ReplyDelete