Friday, October 19, 2012

Book Blogger Hop - 10/19 - 10/25


Book Blogger Hop

QUESTION OF THE WEEK:

How did you find out about book blogging and what made you decide to start one yourself?

MY ANSWER:

I really like this question.  I even ask myself this once in a while.  :)

All kidding aside, I was browsing around the Internet and kept seeing these pages called "blogs" and wondered what in the world a blog was.   

When I saw book blogs, my eyes lit up.  At first I wasn't sure how to navigate around a blog and wasn't even sure how to comment.  :)  

After a few weeks I decided to give a blog a try, and I am sure glad I did.  Here is how I made my decision to embark on this wonderul blogging  journey.......since I read so many books and always wanted to share all these great reads with others, I decided to start a book blog and it just took off from there.   

Book Blogging is a great deal of fun, and the best part is meeting other bloggers. The book blogging community has the most helpful and interesting people I have ever known.

A little history too....my original header was not my photo of the colorful houses in Portree, Scotland; it was some "hokey" photo that I am sure glad I didn't use.  

At times folks ask how I got my blog name, and the answer is:  my email is Silversolara, I have a few silver hairs, and I like to do reviews so I put them all together and came up with the name Silver's Reviews.  Not original, but it works.  :)

Have a great blog hop with this great question that will help us learn even more about our blogging friends.


15 comments:

  1. Have a fun hop...thanks for a great question for this week, Julie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew about blogs and decided to start one to discuss the books I read. Then I discovered a whole world of book bloggers. It's been great fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you started your blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad I started it too....and I THANK you, Kathy, for the encouragement and help. :)

    Thanks for stopping, Harvee.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great answer! And wow have you done a good job with your blog - I love reading it!

    I did this week's hop, too:
    susreviews.blogspot.com

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very Interesting...like they use to say on the old "Laugh-In" TV show. Now I'm telling my age, and yes I do have a view silver hairs also... I love visiting your blog, I find so many new books to put on my wishlist by visiting all these book blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL...Senior Moment... 'few silver hairs. not a "view" silver hairs... Maybe I was thinking of "A Room With A View" idk.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Had to remove my comment because I'm tired and had so many typos, it was embarrassing. I am a relative newcomer to blogging and I'm enjoying discovering other people's blogs, the books they read, how they organize their blogs, their visuals, etc. Reading and writing have always been my two great loves, so once I discovered blogs and a friend who initially helped me develop a basic template, I've enjoyed myself. While I write mostly about books, I also like to incorporate life experiences, photos and whatever I want to write about. I look with admiration at people who are so organized in their posts and their topics. Mine will always be a bit eclectic. Thanks for posing this question, Elizabeth. It produced an interesting discussion.

    ReplyDelete
  10. When I discovered book blogs, I had only knew five at the time. I didn't realize that there was hundreds out there! It's been fun exploring them all.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sydney...isn't it amazing how many book blogs are out there?

    It is so fun to discover new ones, and you can EVERY day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a great answer! And now I know about that beautiful photo too!

    I hope you enjoy the Bellona Club book. Thanks for stopping by Rose City Reader and leaving a comment on my review.

    ReplyDelete
  13. GREAT you found out about my beautiful header...I do love it too.

    I LOVED this week's question - as I said...we got to learn more about all the other awesome bloggers we "talk" to on a daily basis.

    THANKS for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I actually wondered what Solara meant :) Thanks for visiting my blog, Elizabeth!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Solara is my Toyota two-door car. :)

    ReplyDelete