Friday, October 26, 2012

Book Blogger Hop - 10/26 - 11/1


Book Blogger Hop

QUESTION OF THE WEEK:
 

What are three of your favorite book blogs and/or communities?  Why do you like them?

 

MY ANSWER:

Another great question, Julie.  THANK YOU.

My favorite blogging community is Goodreads.  It is very organized, and that is important to a business teacher such as myself.  :)

I always find the books I am looking for in the data base, and I like how they have the Currently Reading box that keeps track of your progress.

Choosing a favorite blog is going to be difficult, but hands down my most favorite is BermudaOnion's Weblog 

Kathy's blog is very  professional, and she always has excellent reviews.   BUT..... most importantly, if it had not been for Kathy I wouldn't even be blogging.   She was my encouragement and my inspiration.

 Book Journey is another favorite blog I visit...I actually just found Shelia's blog this past summer.  

Shelia is always so upbeat, has the best posts, and is always doing something fun and reporting about it.  Her posts about the BEA from this past June were amazing.

I have many more favorite blogs as well.  

WE AS BLOGGERS ALL do a great job as dedicated readers and as readers who bring the love of books and reading to the surface.
  
Book Bloggers are the most helpful, friendly people.  I am so happy I became a part of this wonderful community in 2010.  I definitely would be missing out on great friendships and a lot of great books.

Have a wonderful Blog Hop this week. 

 


 

9 comments:

  1. Looking forward to everyone's answers.

    Thanks again, Julie for a great question.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thank you so much - you just made my day! I'm honored to be included with a terrific blogger like Sheila!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Goodreads also. Kathy and Sheila have great blogs and are genuine nice bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great answers. I love Sheila too! She is awesome. I will have to try the second one you mentioned. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I might have to give Goodreads a second chance. I used to have an account there few years back but I never connected with the community as much as I did over at Shelfari, so I closed my account.

    Old follower
    My Friday Hops

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also had to answer with Goodreads first! LOVE it! I refer to Goodreads as the BIBLE OF BOOKS!
    Yes, we had 2 questions this week! Oh well, that's okay! Gives us more to talk about! We all LOVE talking about books, too!
    Have a GREAT weekend!
    Laurie Carlson

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Elizabeth!

    Thanks for your wonderful comment on my blog! Also thanks for following!! Now I'm following you back!

    I love Goodreads as well. It's a terrific site! I love to compare books with my friends and other members as well. I also love to read reviews on a book I'm considering reading. I don't have that much time to participate in the groups, but I'm glad they're available, should I choose to do so at any time!

    I'm going to take a look at these blogs you've mentined! Thanks for the heads up! : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE being part of this community! Glad you were able to visit my blog! Happy Sunday, Elizabeth!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Goodreads is so awesome. I read reviews there and use it to keep track of the books I read, even pre-blogging.I also like the community vibe. And the 2 blogs you mentioned are among my faves as well.

    ReplyDelete