Friday, November 30, 2012

Book Blogger Hop - 11/30 to 12/6


Question of the Week:

Apart from being readers, many of us collect books on a specific subject or by a particular author. What books or which author do you collect?

My Answer:

I actually do not collect any particular author,, but I do like to collect and read historical fiction.  Specifically books about WWII.   

You will find quite a few reviews of books set during that time period in my archives.  Most recently you will find reviews of CITY OF WOMEN by David R. Gillham and THE SECRET KEEPER by Kate Morton.

I also like books set in the time period of 1800 or earlier in London.  If they are mysteries, that makes them even more appealing.  :)

Looking forward to seeing what, if anything, everyone collects.

Have a great day and weekend.


13 comments:

  1. I collect books. Wait, that's really vague, isn't it? ;) There's only a few authors I would say I "collect". Jodi Picoult, Maggie Stiefvater, Brenna Yovanoff. My husband collects biographies/memoirs, which reside with my books. I started Code Name Verity last night, which, if you haven't read it, sounds like it would be your type of book to collect. :)

    Brandy @ A Little of the Book Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Kate Morton's writing. It's just magical.

    Have you read C.S. Harris's Stebastian St. Cyr series? It's set in the early 1800's (during King George's reign) in London.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I collect autographed books but that's about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't read much WWII fiction until The Book Thief, and then I went on a bit of a binge. I've heard good things about Kate Morton. I'll have to add that one to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I collect books about the Titanic! Aside from which, I just generally collect books that I have loved to read.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to buy a lot of historical fiction. It's been a while since I added one to my pile.

    My answer

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have spent this year cleaning off my bookshelves and have only retained the books by Jan Karon and James Herriott which I like to read over and over again.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for stopping by today, Elizabeth :)

    The only books I tend to unconsciously 'collect' are gardening books, especially ones that feature English Gardens. I rotate them as coffee table books and the beautiful photographs help to make the winter months a wee more tolerable.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't collect books but I do keep books that I love.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i like historical fiction also, but mostly books based in 1800s america

    ReplyDelete
  11. I read some historical fiction too, but mostly mysteries set in ancient Rome.

    Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm following you back. I haven't done a Book Blogger Hop yet, but I was thinking of participating next week. :)

    I mainly collect classics and literature...books that I know I ought to read, but never really feel like reading. ;)

    ReplyDelete