Monday, February 25, 2013

Mailbox Monday - 2/25/2013


Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came into their house last week. (Library books don’t count, but eBooks & audiobooks do).    

Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles, and humongous wish lists!
Mailbox Monday, created by Marcia @ A Girl and Her Books, is on a blog tour!

The host for February is:
  Audra @
http://unabridged-expression.blogspot.com/

*****************************

On Monday, February 19, I received:

1.  TRANSATLANTIC by Colum McCann, courtesy of Erika Greber, Marketing Department, of The Random House Publishing Group.  

This was a surprise. 

 
2.  SECRET STORMS by Julie Mannix von Zerneck and Kathy Hatfield, courtesy of Meryl Zegarek and Rachel Hundert of Meryl Zegarek Public Relations, Inc.  

This was a surprise.


3.  THE ORCHARDIST by Amanda Coplin, courtesy of TLC Book Tours and Harper Collins.  

This was an expected book for a tour with TLC on March 27. 

 

19 comments:

  1. Transatlantic sounds like a good read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice books. The Orchardist looks interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you have a good week.

    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Mail Monday, so many interesting books to learn about. I just had one this week: "Flight Behaviour" by Barbara Kingsolver, one of my favourite authors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Secret Storms has aroused my curiosity...usually the unexpected books I get don't look that good...lol

    Enjoy! Here's MY MONDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great week of reading ahead.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2013/02/mailbox-monday_25.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to see what you think of The Orchardist. I tried to listen to the audio but the narrator just didn't work for me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll be looking for your reviews on these books. Hope you enjoy them all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Elizabeth,

    I have definitely got to read 'The Orchardist'. If Amanda can pull off this beguiling and emotional premise, in her debut novel, then I am sure that we shall be reading more of her books into the future.

    I shall look forward to your review of this one.

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the sounds of all three of your new books. I hope you enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Transatlantic sounds enjoyable.

    I hope you like The Orchardist more than I did. It was a little too bleak for me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is a little bleak, Leslie, but I like it.

    THANKS for stopping everyone.

    It is Friday and I have still not gotten around to visiting everyone's Mailbox Mondays.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great books! It's always fun to get surprise books in the mail :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I listened to The Orchardist a month or so ago and I'm in the process of composing my review. It's a lovely narrative and I wish I had read it rather than listening to the audio. I think the writing is quite beautiful.

    ReplyDelete