Monday, April 22, 2013

Mailbox Monday - 4/22/13

Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came into their house last week. (Library books don’t count, but eBooks & audiobooks do).    

Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles, and humongous wish lists!

Mailbox Monday, created by Marcia @ A Girl and Her Books, is on a blog tour!


The host for April is: 
Mari @ 
   http://marireads.blogspot.com/

********************

I am posting on Tuesday since I was away until last night.

********************
 
On Monday, April 15, I received:

1.  PORCH LIGHTS by Dorothea Benton Frank, courtesy of TLC Book Tours and HarperCollins Publishers.  

I received this book for a tour and by reading it, I will be attending a cocktail party hosted by HarperCollins Publishers one evening during the  BEA.  Pretty neat, huh? 

 

2.  LETTERS FROM SKYE by Jessica Brockmole, courtesy of Random House.
  
This book MADE my day.  I love The Isle of Skye in Scotland and was THRILLED when I received this book.  My blog header is from Portree, Scotland, in The Isle of Skye.  You don't even know how excited I was to receive it.


3.  THE GODS OF HEAVENLY PUNISHMENT by Jennifer Cody Epstein, courtesy of the author and W. W. Norton & Company, Inc., New York.

I entered a contest on Shelf Awareness to win this book.  The author wrote to me as well.


21 comments:

  1. I hope you had a great week and have a great week this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome books. The God's of Heavenly Punishment caught my eye. And Letters from Sky also sounds fabulous. I love receiving books that make my day! Hope it meets your expectations :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Elizabeth,

    'Letters From Skye' sounds like just my kind of book.

    The cover is evocative and haunting, the author's website crisp and easy to relate to, the story poignant and beautiful.

    What more could you ask for, thanks for sharing and have a good week,

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun to be going to BEA and then meet DBF. I still haven't read any of her books but I want to. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just read Porch Lights and think you'll enjoy it. I'll see you at the cocktail party!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd be interested to see how you fare with Letters from Skye.. I've never done well with the epistolary works.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been noticing Letters from Skye all over the place. Hope you enjoy it.

    Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such nice books. I read the Gods.... for a book tour later this spring/summer. Looking forward to it. Have fun at the cocktail party!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a great list. And a cocktail party? Cool!

    Thanks for visiting The Lair

    ReplyDelete
  10. Letters from Skye looks like a real treat--enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been seeing The God of Heavenly Punishment on several blogs lately. Definitely looks like one that'll be interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great books! Hope you enjoy them all.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great Blog. Mailbox Monday is a great idea and I will most definitely be checking in with you to see what you are reading! Thanks for following my blog also. I have a new one posted today as well.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I find the most interesting books on your blog. Hope some of mine can also be an inspiration to someone.
    My newest acquisition:
    "The Pearl" by John Steinbeck

    Marianne from Let's Read

    ReplyDelete
  15. You've got me all curious about Letters From Skye. I read one book by Dorothea Benton and didn't like it so I'm hesitant to try other books by her.

    ReplyDelete
  16. How fun to be going to a cocktail party involving books! I am sure it will be a blast! I was a day late with my MM post too and even later reading and commenting on everyone's posts! Better late than never!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great job you have!! I'd be in heaven! Books, books and more books!
    I'm going to have to look for Letters From Skye. Thank you for visiting my blog today! I'm a new follower I can add to my reading list!
    Connie
    A to Z-ing to the end
    Peanut Butter and Whine

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks like a good haul! I'm jealous you get to go to BEA this year. I had so much fun last summer and wish I could go again.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have Letters From Skye too. It does sound good.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Did you stay the entire week last year, Lisa? I only stayed for one day.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I also have The Gods of Heavenly Punishment, so I'll keep an eye out for your review. Have you read Epstein's other book, The Painter From Shanghai? I absolutely loved it. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete