Monday, April 8, 2013

Mailbox Monday - 4/8/2013

Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came into their house last week. (Library books don’t count, but eBooks & audiobooks do).    

Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles, and humongous wish lists!

Mailbox Monday, created by Marcia @ A Girl and Her Books, is on a blog tour!

The host for April is: 
Mari @   

http://marireads.blogspot.com/

******************* 
I have returned from visiting my son.  Going back again from April 19 to April 22 to finish helping him move.  We had a great time and a nice Easter.
 *******************
My Mailbox Monday will be featuring books from March 28 until April 6.  

On Monday, March 18, I received:

1.  Twelve Books from St. Martin's Press, Carol Fitzgerald, and Reading Group Guides that I won in a contest for my book club. It is our read for our April meeting.

SWEET SALT AIR by Barbara  Delinsky.  I have already read the book and loved it.  I had never read a book by Ms. Delinsky before. My review is linked above on the title of the book. 

   

On Wednesday, March 20, I received:

1.  DREAM OF DARING by Gen LaGreca, courtesy of Winged Victory Press.

 

On Saturday, March 23, I received:

1.  THE DEAD CHILDREN'S STORY by Skaught Anthony Patterson, courtesy of Pharaoh's Library. 

 

On Saturday, March 30, I received:

1.  THE ORPHAN TRAIN by Christina Baker Kline, courtesy of Harper Collins Publishers.

 

On Monday, April 1, I received:

1.  ORDINARY GRACE by William Kent Krueger, courtesy of David Brown of Simon and Schuster.

 

On Thursday, April 4, I received:

1.  MEET ME AT THE CUPCAKE CAFE  by Jenny Colgan, courtesy of Sourcebooks.

 

19 comments:

  1. That is a good mailbox! enjoy them all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mailbox Monday!!

    We finally have some warm temperatures...Yippee!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great mailbox list. Nice win too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do like your mailbox, all new books to me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nice win for your book club! Enjoy your books and visit with your son.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have enjoyed Barbara Delinsky for years, so I've preordered Sweet Salt Air. Glad you liked it. Hope you love Orphan Train as much as I did.

    Have a great week! Here's MY MONDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I bet your book club loves you!! All of your new titles look good to me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice titles, I'm reading the Orphan Train this week.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2013/04/mailbox-monday_8.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the books you introduce to us. I have two new ones this week:
    Fuller, Graham E. "A World Without Islam" - 2010
    Oltermann, Philip "Keeping Up With the Germans: A History of Anglo-German Encounters" - 2013

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Elizabeth,

    Moving house is always stressful, no matter how organised you think you are, so I hope that all goes well for your son.

    Is it just me, or is there a sudden influx of 'foodie' fiction into the marketplace? I don't seem to be able to get away from it and whilst I may enjoy one or two books from the genre, there are enough recipe and cookery books out there, without having to introduce recipes into fiction reading as well!

    I chose a couple of books from your list, which are set in areas of the US that I know little about, so I thought that they may be quite interesting ... 'Dream Of Daring' and 'Ordinary Grace'

    I hope that you enjoy all your books and enjoy your week.

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  11. So many great sounding titles! The Orphan Train looks tempting. Glad you had a nice visit with your son :) Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lucky book club! Hope they enjoy the win.

    I received Ordinary Grace a few weeks ago too... the others are new to me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sweet Salt Air looks good!
    I've seen Orphan Train a few times today. Both are going on my "Books I Want To Read" Pinterest Board.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great stash! Ordinary Grace caught my eye. Hope your son has a good moving day.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Got Orphan Train too!

    http://luxuryreading.com/mailboxmonday4813/

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really enjoyed Ordinary Grace. Hope you do too.
    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just read Orphan Train. I enjoyed it. Ordinary Grace really looks interesting, and I think I'll be adding it to my Wish List!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great books! I hope you enjoy them all. The Dead Children's Story sounds like one I would like.

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete