Monday, June 10, 2013

Mailbox Monday - 6/10/13



Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came into their house last week. (Library books don’t count, but eBooks & audiobooks do).    
 
Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles, and humongous wish lists!

Mailbox Monday, created by Marcia @ A Girl and Her Books, is on a blog tour! 



The host for June is: 
Meredith @  
Dolcebelleza

********************

Happy Mailbox Monday.  

I was at the BEA last week and will post two photos of the mountain of books I received as well as books that came into my mailbox while I was away.  Hope you had a good week.

 ********************

On Tuesday, May 28, while I was en route to the BEA, I received:

1.  THE LAVENDER GARDEN by Lucinda Riley, courtesy of Diana Franco of Simon & Schuster.  

I had the pleasure of meeting Diana in person. She is delightful.


On Thursday, May 30, while I was on the exhibit floor of the BEA collecting more books, meeting bloggers I only talk to on the computer, and getting autographed copies of books at the BEA, I received:

1.  THE WIFE, THE MAID, AND THE MISTRESS by Ariel Lawhon, courtesy of a giveaway on Shelf Awareness and Random House/Doubleday.

This book looks so good...it is set in the 1920's.

On Friday, June 7, while I was home recuperating from my wonderful week visiting my son and being at the BEA, I received:

1.  FLY AWAY by Kristin Hannah, courtesy of Pauline of BookMovement and St. Martin's Press.

I received copies of FLY AWAY for my book club.  It was a very nice surprise.

And....these are the books I received when I was at the BEA.  

I received these books either on the exhibit floor, from publisher parties, from the Book Blogger Conference, or from a Speed-Dating Session hosted by Carol Cartwright and publisher representatives. 

I am NOT going to list each title, but enjoy taking a look at them. 

The books are actually still at my son's home.  He was so sweet to keep them for me and to help me find my way around New York City.   :)  I won't have them back home until he visits in July. 

It will be difficult waiting for them to arrive, but it is something to look forward to.


17 comments:

  1. I hope you had a good mailbox last week.

    I just wish the weather would be good around here. It is raining AGAIN.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to hear more about your BEA books. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I could wait until July! Your book club is going to love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was great to meet you in person at BEA!

    Such great books - I am currently trying to find places to stash mine in the apartment now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you had fun at BEA! You can make room on your bookshelves while you wait for July. So great that you got to hang out with your blogger pals too. Covet is one book I can't wait to read- glad you snagged a copy.

    Enjoy and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You got some good books while you were away and of course at BEA. What a stash! July will be here before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I actually did clean off one shelf by moving books around. I have to have them organized....the curse of a business teacher. :)

    Thanks, Reading Date.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Colleen...Booksnyc...it was great meeting you too.

    I love the bag we got at our little party. I have read the book and am enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So in love with the STACKS of books you showed! How fun to receive and look forward to!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! What a fantastic BEA pile - I wouldn't even know where to start. The Wife, the Maid and the Mistress showed up recently for me, too, and it looks like a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks, Bellezza.

    There are a lot of books. I am looking forward to them. Didn't get to check them out too thoroughly last week when I was at my son's.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Every single one of the books you listed looks great! LOVE that pile of BEA books! WTG; what a great mailbox you have this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow that's a lot of books :) And I loved Fly Away...hope you do too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice stash. I think I got some of those books, too. Nice meeting up with you again.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would love to go to BEA at some point! It just seems like so much fun. Plus there's all those books. You could probably only read books from BEA and be set until next year!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I agree with you,Shoshanah. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Other's have said it, but... boy, is that a lot of books!

    ReplyDelete