Monday, June 17, 2013

Mailbox Monday - 6/17/2013

Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came into their house last week. (Library books don’t count, but eBooks & audiobooks do).    
 
Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles, and humongous wish lists!

Mailbox Monday, created by Marcia @ A Girl and Her Books, is on a blog tour! 



The host for June is: 
Meredith @  
Dolcebelleza

******************** 

I received a lot of good books this week.  A few were surprise wins.  

Another surprise was that my cousin also went to New York and stopped at my son's place and brought back my BEA Books.  

Yeah...I didn't have to wait until July.  :)  Thanks, Casey.

********************
On Wednesday, June 12, I received:

1. A WELL-TEMPERED HEART by Jan-Philipp Sendker, courtesy of Other Press.

2.  LOVE AND LAMENT by John Milliken Thompson, courtesy of Other Press. 


I was at the Speed-Dating Session on Friday at the BEA and met Paul Kozlowski of Other Press.  He asked that we e-mail him to request copies.  

The Speed-Dating Session was so much of fun.  I met a lot of interesting people, and every nine minutes a different representative from a publisher came to the tables where nine of us were seated and gave us a "speedy" review of three different books.  

LOVED this session.  We took some books home and others were mailed and will be mailed to us.

3.  THE HUSBAND'S SECRET by Liane Moriarty, courtesy of a LibraryThing win and Adrianna Romig of Amy Einhorn Books/Putnam.


Looking forward to reading this book.


On June 13, I received:

1.  THE YONAHLOSSEE RIDING CAMP FOR GIRLS by AntonDisclafani, courtesy of Lydia Hirt PenguinGroup.

Definitely looking forward to reading this book.


On June 15, I received:

1.  THE TELLING ROOM by Michael Paterniti, courtesy of Erika Greber of Random House and a Shelf Awareness Giveaway.

 My son actually wants to read this book.  I told him he can be a guest reviewer again.  :)


29 comments:

  1. I hope everyone had a fun, full mailbox.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great mailbox! I also won a copy of The Husband's Secret from Library Thing. I loved Moriarty's What Alice Forgot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look really good, but I really want to read The Yonahlossee Riding Camp for Girls, too.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a cool BEA event!
    and helpful personal book delivery :)
    enjoy your new reads!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great books! I heard great things about the speed dating event at BEA - will have to try it next year.

    have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear you received your books early. Enjoy your reading. Looks like you have a great selection.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy your reads! I loved The Husband's Secret.

    Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have the Husband's Secret on my TBR pile. The others look fabulous. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What fun those speed-dating sessions must have been. Lucky you for getting your BEA books sooner than you expected!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like a good time was had by all. Enjoy your books!

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  11. They all look good to me! I'm curious about The Telling Room.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The speed dating thing was the one positive thing I keep hearing about the BEA, but that the rest of it was just madness. Glad you got to enjoy it, though! Here's my Meme's post.
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice collection of books. Loved hearing about the "Speed Dating"... what fun! I'm really drawn to the cover of Love and Lament.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am completely jealous of your mailbox. Great looking books!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I did get some good books, didn't I?

    THANKS for stopping, Kristen, and EVERYONE who is stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Elizabeth,

    You certainly have a great mailbox this week and I love the idea of the 'Speed-Dating' session, especially if you can request some of the books afterwards.

    'The Husband's Secret' seems to have appeared in several other mailboxes this week and I really like the sound of it. In fact I have added the author to my list, not just this particular book, as I was so intrigued by some of the synopses.

    I hope that you enjoy all of your books and I look forward to the reviews.

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  17. A lovely mailbox. Enjoy them all.

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOVE your mailbox! I have my eye on both Love and Lament and The Yonahlossee Riding Camp for Girls - can't wait to see what you think of them!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your mailbox and the concept of this.

    I was going to go to the speed dating at BEA on Saturday, but got too caught up looking at the exhibitors. I also didn't know what to expect. You got great books from there I had my eye on.
    Won't miss next year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've been interested in THE YONAHLOSSEE RIDING CAMP FOR GIRLS for awhile now!

    My book club has been approached re: the idea of doing a speed dating session at the next Miami book festival, and we told them we'd love it! It's sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  21. A speed-dating session at a book club would be awesome.

    Let me know how that would work please.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Speed-Dating book sessions does sound like a lot of fun. And you got a lot of nice books this week.

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a great group of books! I know you are going to thoroughly enjoy Yonahlossee Riding Camp. So many people are raving about it these days!

    ReplyDelete
  24. i really want to read THE YONAHLOSSEE RIDING CAMP FOR GIRLS!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh, what an interesting selection! The Husband's Secret sounds good. Enjoy your new books!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Just finished "The Husband's Secret." It's very dark, but so well written.

    ReplyDelete
  27. They all look great! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  28. The Husband's Secret is one that has my interest!

    ReplyDelete