Monday, July 22, 2013

Mailbox Monday - 7/22/13

Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came into their house last week. (Library books don’t count, but eBooks & audiobooks do). 
 
Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles, and humongous wish lists!

Mailbox Monday, created by Marcia @ A Girl and Her Books, is on a blog tour! 



***********************

The host for July is: 

Tasha @ Book Obsessed

 
***********************

I hope everyone had a good weekend and a GREAT mailbox.

It was an exciting book week for me.  

I received a book almost every day and most were delivered by UPS.  Nothing came in the U.S. Mail. 


 **********************


On Monday, July 15, I received:

1.  BLUE PLATE SPECIAL by Kate Christensen, courtesy of the publisher, RandomHouse and a Shelf Awareness Giveaway. 

It definitely sounds like a fun read.

On Tuesday, July 16, I received:

1.  THE SPYMISTRESS by Jennifer Chiaverini, courtesy of Cassendre Mandel of Viking and Penguin Group and Liza Cassity of Dutton/Penguin Group.

I am really looking forward to this book. 



On Wednesday, July 17,  I received:

1.  BREAD AND BUTTER by Michelle Wildgen courtesy of a Shelf Awareness Giveaway, Random House, and Double Marketing Department.



2.  THE DARING LADIES OF LOWELL by Kate Alcott, courtesy of a Shelf Awareness Giveaway, Random House, and Double Marketing Department.



14 comments:

  1. Hope you had a good mailbox.

    ENJOY your week and I hope the weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy Kate Christensen's writing, so The Blue Plate Special piques my interest. Hope you enjoy all of your books, and thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got Bread and Butter too. I'm almost through with Blue Plate Special - Christensen's life has been anything but dull.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Daring Ladies of Lowell is going on my list. Hope you enjoy it and the others.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you received some great books. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I received a copy of Bread and Butter too and Daring Ladies of Lowell looks good. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Elizabeth,

    A couple of your books caught my attention and have been added to my list, as much for their inspiring and innovative authors as anything else.

    I can't believe that Jennifer Chiaverini finds time to produce unique and exclusive quilting patterns, as well as writing such great books. Quilting isn't as big here in the UK and although I am a terrible seamstress, I am just so intrigued by the skill and intricacy involved. I only live about 10 miles away from the City of Bath, where there is an American Museum, which regularly exhibits an excellent exhibition of American Quilting, which attracts many visitors from far and wide.

    Kate Alcott has written so many other books under her real name of Patricia O'Brien, that I am intrigued to discover if her writing style changes depending under which guise a book is penned.

    Enjoy all your books and have a great week.

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you found some books you like, Yvonne.

    I am not good at quilting either.

    THANKS for stopping by.

    The Daring Ladies of Lowell does look good, Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think Bread and Butter looks very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I might just have to read Blue Plate Special and Bread & Butter for my Foodies Read Challenge!
    Here's My Mailbox Monday

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great mix! I like the look of The Spy Mistress. Enjoy your mailbox goodies :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nice haul! I love it when the UPS truck pulls up to my drive. =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Books everyday- hooray! Enjoy all your new books. They all sound like good ones to me.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You've had an interesting mailbox! enjoy them all. Congratulations on the wins.

    ReplyDelete