Sunday, July 7, 2013

Mailbox Monday - 7/8/13

Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came into their house last week. (Library books don’t count, but eBooks & audiobooks do). 
 
Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles, and humongous wish lists!

Mailbox Monday, created by Marcia @ A Girl and Her Books, is on a blog tour! 


***********************

The host for July is: 

Tasha @ Book Obsessed

 
***********************

As you are reading this, I am on my way to New York to visit my son.  I will check out everyone's mailbox when I get back Thursday.

I am definitely going to try to "link up" on my iPad, but I am not always successful doing that. 

Yippee....I see the Mailbox Monday post is up today so I am going to publish this post and link up.  That way I know it will be there tomorrow.  :)

I hope everyone had a good weekend and a GREAT mailbox.

My Mailbox was light again.  

Not a problem, though. I have enough books to read to keep me busy until next year.  :)

 **********************

On Friday, July 5, I received:

1.  THE TILTED WORLD by Tom Franklin and Beth Ann Fennelly, courtesy of Tracy Diamond of HarperCollins.

My book has a different cover, probably because it is an ARC.  I actually like the ARC cover better.

I became aware of this book at the BEA at the Speed-Dating Session on Friday and also on a Shelf Awareness giveway.

The titled pulled me in.

 

20 comments:

  1. I have a feeling that book is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have a great time visiting with your son!

    I had never seen this book so I looked it up on Amazon and it sounds really good! Adding it to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Elizabeth,

    With the time zone differences between the US and the UK, I am always eagerly waiting to see if the links to any of the memes in which I participate, are posted the evening before. There is always a small moment of jubilation if they are!

    Your cover is the same as the one featured on Amazon.com, however Amazon.co.uk has a totally different cover, which although slightly more mysterious and atmospheric, is probably not as suited to the storyline as your own.

    Regardless of the cover, the story sounds great, so thanks for featuring it and I hope that you enjoy!

    Have a fantastic trip and enjoy the time with your son.

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a great trip to NY to visit your son! Your book sounds great. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a lovely time in New York and hope you have a full mailbox on your return.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy your visit with your son. Your book sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do have a different cover on my unpublished galley, and I like the blues on it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a great trip visiting your son. Enjoy the book.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have a great visit with your son and hope you find lots of good books in your mailbox when you return home.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you have a great trip! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    Karissa at Hidden in Pages
    http://hiddeninpages.com/2013/07/07/showcase-sunday-and-mailbox-monday-7813/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I also received The Tilted World, mine has a different cover, enjoy!

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2013/07/mailbox-monday_6593.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. I enjoyed a book by Franklin last year. I'll watch for your review!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Enjoy your visit! I hope you are surviving the heat - it is brutal here right now. I think it is supposed to cool down tomorrow so hopefully you will get a couple of more comfortable days.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh! I LOVED Crooked River, Crooked River by Franklin. This one HAS to go on my to-buy list! Have a great visit and a wonderful reading week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Enjoy your trip and your new book!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hope you are enjoying your visit! I have a feeling The Tilted World will be a good read! I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete