Saturday, August 3, 2013

Book Beginnings - 8/2/2013





Please join me every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.

 My Book Beginnings is from THE RETURNED by Jason Mott.  

First sentence:  Harold opened the door that day to find a dark-skinned man in a well-cut suit smiling at him.

The sentence wasn't surprising because I sort of knew what the book was about, but the book is very different.   THE RETURNED is a bit scary.


11 comments:

  1. I haven't participated for a while. I am glad I remembered. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Intriguing start. There are some amazing beginnings to books.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting beginning! Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting. I love your header photo. It is such a pretty place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whenever there's people in suits at my door I get slightly antagonistic! Once, there were these Jehova's Witnesses and I only got rid of them when I told them my name, next time they were at the door and wouldn't stop addressing me by my name and even asked my sister after me! Maybe I just shouldn't open the door and keep reading next time! Thanks for stopping by, hope you're having a good weekend!
    Juli

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is definitely an attention grabber. Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm first in the queue with the library for this book, can't wait until they get it in so I can read it

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks like a fun hop! I'll try to remember to come back again next Friday to participate.
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really need to move my copy of this book to the top of my TBR pile. Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete