Monday, August 12, 2013

Mailbox Monday - 8/12/13


 
Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came into their house last week. (Library books don’t count, but eBooks & audiobooks do). 
 
Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles, and humongous wish lists!

Mailbox Monday, created by Marcia @ A Girl and Her Books, is on a blog tour! 

***********************

The host for August is: 

Kathy @ BermudaOnion's Weblog

***********************

I am on my way home and will stop by everyone's blogs when I return. 

I AM BACK!!!  :)

************************ 

While I was gone, I received two books.  They both look extremely good.

I requested both of them.

************************

On Wednesday, August 7, I received:

1.  TAMARACK COUNTY by William Kent Krueger, courtesy of David Brown of Simon and Schuster.


I really enjoyed Mr. Krueger's book ORDINARY GRACE.  I am sure this one is just as amazing.



On Thursday, August 8, I received:

1.  IN FALLING SNOW by Mary-Rose MacColl, courtesy of Meredith Burk of Penguin Group.


I hope you had a great mailbox.


15 comments:

  1. I had a great visit with my sisters.

    THANKS for stopping by. Thanks, Irene.

    It is always good to be home.

    I am going to add my two books I received while I was gone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are on my book radar. It's just hard to choose what to read next!

    Glad you had a great visit with your sisters!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very difficult to choose what to read next. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. In Falling Snow sounds wonderful. On my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haven't heard of either of them.

    My new books:
    "Dominion" by C.J. Samson
    and
    "Quo Vadis: A Narrative of the Time of Nero" by Henryk Senkiewicz

    Marianne from Let's Read

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice to have new books to come home to. In Falling Snow has a lovely cover--will have to check it out, as I also like the title.

    Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Elizabeth,

    Hope that you had a great catch-up time with your sisters an it's god to have you back safe and sound!

    You have a couple of really good sounding books this week, although if I had to choose, I would probably plump for 'Tamarack County'.

    The only thing that would put me off, is the fact that we are now some thirteen books into the series and having read none of the previous books, I am not too sure if this episode will work okay as a stand alone story.

    I shall probably wait for your review and thoughts, before I make a final decision.

    Thanks for sharing,

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Being completely over summer, and wishing for cooler weather, In Falling Snow is definitely the one that jumps out to me

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yvonne...I didn't know Mr. Krueger's books were a series. Interesting.

    I came in on his other book Ordinary Grace and had no trouble following it so you may be able to as well.

    THANKS for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Elizabeth, i hope you enjoy your reading this week. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

    ReplyDelete
  11. In Falling Snow looks good. Hope you had a wonderful vacation!

    ReplyDelete