Monday, August 26, 2013

Mailbox Monday - 8/26/13



 
Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came into their house last week. (Library books don’t count, but eBooks & audiobooks do). 
 
Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles, and humongous wish lists!

Mailbox Monday, created by Marcia @ A Girl and Her Books, is on a blog tour! 



***********************

The host for August is: 

Kathy @ BermudaOnion's Weblog


***********************

A nice, light week. I like it.

***********************
On Wednesday, August 21, I received:

1.   SEVEN FOR A SECRET by Lyndsay Faye, courtesy of Amy Einhorn books/Putnam and LibraryThing.

2.  MY MOTHER'S SECRET by J. L. Witterick, courtesy of The Penguin Group/G. P. Putnam's Sons and a giveaway on Shelf Awareness.

14 comments:

  1. A secret theme :)

    Have a great reading week,
    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, Shelleyrae. Never thought of that. :)

    THANKS for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both "secret" books look intriguing! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The secret connection is so funny. THANKS for stopping readingdate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that your books have similar titles! Enjoy your reading and thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never even noticed the "secret" connection until Shelleyrae commented about it. LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both books sounds very interesting! Hope you enjoy your new reads :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Elizabeth,

    I am not a big fan of memoirs, so I know that I wouldn't read 'My Mother's Secret'.

    I had almost also dismissed 'Seven For A Secret', but something made me go back and check out the book and author more closely.

    The amount of research that Lindsay Faye does for her books, is phenomenal and the first book in the 'Timothy Wilde' series, 'The Gods Of Gotham' sounds equally as intriguing. This is a great new series for me to read, so thanks for featuring 'Seven For A Secret' this week.

    Check out the alternaive cover on Amazon.co.uk I think I much prefer it to the US version.

    Have a good week.

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  9. My Mother's Secret sounds really compelling--I love the cover too. Very evocative.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Elysium...thanks for stopping by.

    Yvonne...thanks for stopping. I am going to check out the UK cover.

    JaneGS...the cover of My Mother's Secret is excellent. Thanks for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like light weeks. They help me catch up on reading.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE light weeks, Serena.

    I have so many books to read, a break is nice.

    BUT...it is disappointing don't you think? :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. My Mother's Secret looks really good. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete