Friday, September 27, 2013

Book Beginnigs - 9/27/2013




*Please join Rose City Reader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.  *Taken directly from Rose City Reader's Blog Page.

My Book Beginning this week is from THE PARIS ARCHITECT.  The book is set in Paris during the German Occupation.  It is an intriguing book.

"Just as Lucien Bernard rounded the corner at the Rue La Bo├ętie, a man running from the opposite direction almost collided with him.  He came so close that Lucien could smell his cologne as he raced by."

I have finished this book last night so I am going to still call it a current read.  :)

It was fantastic.

The review for The Paris Architect  is here.


Two Old Book Beginnings were BURIAL RITES by Hannah Kent and THE WEDDING GIFT by Marlen Suyapa Bodden.  My reviews are up if you want to stop by.


15 comments:

  1. Fantastic Read!!

    I hope you get to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like the smell of cologne...it makes my nose itch.

    My post

    ReplyDelete
  3. THANKS for stopping JC and Vonnie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great opening. I'd read this in a minute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Check out my review, Harvee.

    It was FABULOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a nice book. Thats a fascinating time in history. I read your review and that makes me even more likely to try it. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds good! Thanks for getting bak to me on the picture. I must have travelled there before or seen something very similar although it is fairly unique I would imagine.

    Lainy http://www.alwaysreading.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like this book might be a good historical fiction read. Great device to introduce Lucien!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very intriguing beginning! Wonder what the man was running from?

    Thanks for stopping by my book beginning earlier!

    Wendy @ Escape Into Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wendy...thanks for stopping. He was running from the Gestapo.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are welcome about my header. THANKS for stopping back.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Would LOVE to read this! Going on the TBR! (So sorry, so behind on my commenting)

    ReplyDelete