Monday, September 16, 2013

Mailbox Monday - 9/16/13

 
Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came into their house last week. (Library books don’t count, but eBooks & audiobooks do). 
 
Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles, and humongous wish lists!

Mailbox Monday, created by Marcia @ A Girl and Her Books, is on a blog tour!



***********************

The host for September is: 

Yolanda @ Notorious Spinks Talks

***********************
I was out of town last week and the week before so this is what I received for the past TWO weeks.

There was nothing in my mailbox the first week I was gone, but WOW did I get "hit" this past week.  :) 

I also was interviewed at Examiner.com if you want to stop by.

********************** 
On Tuesday, September 3, I received:

1.  THE NINE FOLD HEAVEN by Mingmei Yip, courtesy of Amy Bruno of Historical Fiction Virtual Book Tours, and the publisher.

I will be posting a review on October 11 for the tour.

I have already read the book.  It was absorbing, intriguing, and adventurous.  

My review is on Amazon and Goodreads if you care to take a peek.


On Saturday, September 7, I received these books from the Hachette Book Event in New York City:

Some of these books I can't wait to read.  

Others are not in my genre, but friends will benefit.  :)

Hachette was VERY generous with the "stash" they gave along with a great zippered bag.
TWO GRAVES by Preston & Child 


COLD VENGEANCE by Preston & Child 

WHITE FIRE by Preston & Child


COLLISION LOW CROSSERS:  A YEAR INSIDE THE TURBULENT WORLD OF NFL FOOTBALL by Nicholas Dawidoff 

 

REALITY BOY by A. S. King

 

THE OUTCASTS by Kathleen Kent
 
 

THE DOUBLE by George Pelecanos

 

SUMMERLAND by Elin Hilderbrand
 
 

STRINGS ATTACHED BY Joanne Lipman & Melanie Kupchynsky
The authors were amazing and so was the event!! 

There were more authors featured at this event, but I have listed only the authors whose books I received.

You should attend next year if you can.


On September 9, while I was away, I received:

1. THE TYPEWRITER GIRL, by Alison Atlee.  I won a gift certificate from Powell's Books and purchased this book.

I have been wanting to read this...I love anything with the word TYPEWRITER in it since I am a former business/typing teacher.

 

2.  THE BOOKSTORE, by Deborah Meyler.  I won a gift certificate from Powell's Books and purchased this book.

 

3.  THE SHOEMAKER'S WIFE by Adrianna Trigiani.  I won a gift certificate from Powell's Books and purchased this book.

 

4.  A signed copy of GRACIANNA by Trini Amador, courtesy of  the author, the Greenleaf Book Group Press, and Amy Bruno from the tour group.  

I am scheduled for a tour with Historical Fiction Virtual Book Tours on November 22.

 

5.  THE WEDDING GIFT by Marlen Suyapa Bodden, courtesy of Wunderkind PR.  


 I am looking forward to reading this book.  I saw it featured at the BEA this spring.


6.  THE STRANGER YOU KNOW by Andrea Kane, courtesy of Emer Flounders of Harlequin.

This was an unsolicited book, but it looks good.

 

On September 10, I received:

1.  THE SECRETS SHE CARRIED by Barbara Davis, courtesy of Kayleigh Clark of Penguin Group.

This was an unsolicited book, but looks good....about the south and secrets...my favorite things.  :)

 

On September 11, I received:

1.  THE BOOKMAN'S TALE by Charlie Lovett.  I won a gift certificate from Powell's Books and purchased this book.


24 comments:

  1. So many books! Enjoy. I will hop over to read your interview. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many books! Enjoy. I will hop over to read your interview. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping, Pat.

    I know...so many books. I will be sharing with friends. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a great mailbox! So many of your books look good, I don't even know where to start. I think you'll love The Shoemaker's Wife!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have always wanted to read The Shoemaker's Wife.

    I agree, Kathy, I don't know where to start either. :)

    THANKS for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I see so many books on your stack that I want, beginning with Summerland, The Bookstore, and The Shoemaker's Wife. Hope you enjoy them all...and thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that's a ton of good ones! THE NINE FOLD HEAVEN by Mingmei Yip is a good read. I am excited about the new Pelecanos, Kathleen Kent, and Hilderbrand! The Gracianna book didn't work as well as I had hoped, but it was still good.

    I hope you enjoy them all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow you got a bunch of great looking books. I see many that are going on my TBR list. Glad you had a great time at the event.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fantastic mailbox! So may good books. I hope you love The Shoemaker's Wife as much as I did.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whoa, that's quite a mailbox of books. Happy reading, Elizabeth!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh Reality Boy! That's on my Fall most-wanted list :)

    That must have been awesome to come home to all of those books! The Bookstore and The Typewriter Girl look so good.

    Glad you had fun at the event. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice haul! I'm a fan of anything Trigiani writes and I really liked The Shoemaker's Wife. Good choice! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Whew- great hauls! Don't know how you would keep up with it all.
    Wish I was closer to NY and I might consider attending some of the events there.
    Enjoy your reading!

    ReplyDelete
  14. THANKS for stopping, Mary. I always wanted to read her books, and this one especially.

    I will have to find out why you didn't like Gracianna. I am on a tour for it. THANKS for stopping, Serena.

    Great to hear you have some of the same books, Nise. :) We can compare notes if you like.

    THANKS for stopping by, Laura. I am sure I will LOVE The Shoemaker's Wife.

    Beth...thanks for stopping by. I did get a haul, didn't I?

    THANKS for stopping by, readingdate. I have never read any books by the author of Reality Boy, but she was fantastic when she was talking at the event.



    ReplyDelete
  15. It is going to be difficult to keep up with all the books, but I am not going to read of the ones I received at the event.

    I am fortunate my son lives in New York and can stay with him. I get in a nice visit and get to attend all the fun book events there. I live about 6.5 hours away by car from New York.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Elizabeth,

    Wow! book overload, there are just too many here to take in, but I really need to get my hands on some of the 'Preston And Child' books in the Prendergast series. Definitely new names for my author list, their website is amazing!

    I also have 'The Bookstore' in my review pile, but you are sure to get to read it long before I do, so as always, I shall be looking out for your review.

    Thanks for sharing your massive haul of new titles and have a good week.

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  17. THANKS for stopping by, Yvonne.

    I know about overload...way too many books.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great haul! I heard great things about The Shoemaker's Wife. Enjoy your new books!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a fabulous, heavy mailbox! I wish Hatchette would be generous with overseas readers!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lots of great looking books. I want the Pendergast books. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. THANKS for stopping by, Mari.

    I hope you can get those books. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. You had a great week. What fun to come home to a full mailbox! I read Shoemaker's Wife last year. It was wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  23. THANKS for stopping Leslie. I have always wanted to read The Shoemaker's Wife.

    Everyone is saying how good it is.

    Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete