Friday, October 4, 2013

Book Beginnings - 10/4/13


*Please join Rose City Reader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.  *Taken directly from Rose City Reader's Blog Page.

This week's Book Beginnings is taken from NECESSARY LIES by Diane Chamberlain.

"It was an odd request--visit a stranger's house and peer inside a closet--and as I drove through the neighborhood searching for the address, I felt my anxiety mounting."

I am enjoying this book a lot.  I actually finished the book, but am counting it as a current read.



*************************************

My Old Book Beginnings was for THE PARIS ARCHITECT.  FANTASTIC read.



14 comments:

  1. Intriguing opening, Necessary Lies has been floating around amongst fellow book bloggers recently so now I'm rather curious about it.

    Glad to hear The Paris Architect is good! I want to read that book :)

    Happy reading! My Friday Book Memes

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that beginning. I received this one in the mail. So anxious to start it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Justcaffeinated....thanks for stopping.

    I loved BOTH books. THE PARIS ARCHITECT is fantastic...it has a great twist for a WWII book.

    Tea norman...thanks for stopping. I hope you love Necessary Lies. It was really good.

    My reviews for both books are on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Elizabeth,

    I have just checked and my mother-in-law has archived 'Necessary Lies' in my Kindle account, so I shall definitely get to read it at some point. Diane Chamberlain was the first author she downloaded when we gave her a Kindle as an 80th birthday gift and she has read almost all of her books now and thoroughly recemmended them to me.

    Those first lines would have had me hooked anyway, so I shall make time to stop by your review and synopsis, to see exactly what they refer to, as I am intrigued!

    Thanks for sharing such an interesting passage and book, and have a good weekend.

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are most welcome, Yvonne.

    Let me know what you think after you have read it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a great beginning because I really want to know why she's going to poke around in someone else's closet.

    This is the first week in a while I’ve had time to leave comments and not just fly by. Thanks for participating in Book Beginnings on Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. As you know, I loved this book. Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. An interesting beginning - I'd definitely read on.

    ReplyDelete
  9. THANKS for stopping, BookPlease.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an unusual premise! I know I wouldn't have the nerve to do something like that. :) Thanks for sharing and thanks also for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. THANKS, pictureperfectcooking, for stopping.

    The books is really good.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good first sentence -makes you want to follow up.

    ReplyDelete
  13. THANKS for stopping, Clothes in Books. I LOVE your site.

    ReplyDelete