Friday, November 29, 2013

Book Beginnings - 11/29/2013


*Please join Rose City Reader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.  *Taken directly from Rose City Reader's Blog Page.

*****************
This week's Book Beginnings is taken from UNDRESSING MR. DARCY by Karen Doornebos.


"Mr. Darcy's plane landed forty-five minutes late.  Vanessa, with coffee in hand and an earbud in one ear, steered her aunt in the airport wheelchair toward the throng of people gathered at the international arrivals area of Chicago's O'Hare."

It is an ok read.  It is out of my normal reading genres, but am giving it a try for a book tour.  I hope I like it more as I read.

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.  

****************

Stop by my blog for two fun posts.  

One is a post about favorite Thanksgiving side dishes of Atria authors, and another is a giveaway.  

****************





11 comments:

  1. Happy After-Thanksgiving Shopping Day!!

    I hope I get some reading done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see a lot of Mr. Darcy in book titles today. So far I have skipped reading any. Hope you have a good Black Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm intrigued by the idea of Mr. Darcy arriving at Chicago's O'Hare International Airport!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like it could be interesting. Not being a fan of Jane Austen or any of the hundreds of books her writing has spawned, I think I will not be adding this one to my list though. Thanks for visiting my blog. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. THANKS for stopping, Kathy.

    I am not a real fan of Jane Austen either. The book sounded fun, though.

    I hope I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. THANKS for stopping, JC.

    It sounded fun, and I actually didn't know it was a Jane Austen book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. THANKS for stopping, Harvee.

    It is an ok read for me. A fun book for Jane Austen fans.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never heard of this title but I love the book cover! Thanks for stopping by my blog, happy weekend :)

    - Lianne @ caffeinatedlife.net

    ReplyDelete
  9. THANKS for stopping, justcaffeinated.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have to say I am not a Jane Austen fan either and this beginning did not grab me.

    I think you will like my Book Beginnings post, Elizabeth!

    http://ruthireads.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is a bit different to read, Ruth, but I am getting through it. :)

    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete