Thursday, November 14, 2013

GUESS THE DESK

GUESS THE DESK 
and win a copy 
of this author's book

USA ENTRIES ONLY

 ***************
And the winner is:

#20 - Ruthie

CONGRATS!!!

************
Below is a photo of a desk of an author who writes thrillers along with some clues and information about her.  

Ok...so far you know the author isn't a male, right?   READ ON!!


MORE CLUES BELOW...

THE ANSWER IS ACTUALLY IN THE CLUES SECTION SO READ PAST THE DESK ELEMENTS SECTION.

AND

YOU HAVE THREE ANSWERS IN A DROPDOWN TO CHOOSE FROM WHEN YOU ENTER.  

SOOOOO....NO NEED TO STRESS YOURSELF TO HUNT FOR THE ANSWER, BECAUSE THE ANSWER IS RIGHT IN THIS POST AND RIGHT ON THE ENTRY FORM.

Desk Elements:

Two cats – have big house, don’t know why they have to park themselves on my desk all the time. But at least when they’re sleeping they’re not walking across the keyboard.

Wallet – so credit card can be handy in case I want to order something online.

Thesaurus – I love my thesaurus and will never replace it with an e-version.

Glass of unsweetened ice tea with lemon – my preferred drink when writing. Keeps me sharp, although I do have to take more frequent bathroom breaks.

Keyboard wrist pads and vertical mouse (I had carpal tunnel/tennis elbow issues last fall) Wait a minute….mouse….that explains why cats are always on my desk.


Information about the author and clues to the answer:

The desk is the desk of a journalist turned novelist.  

She writes a series of thrillers set in the desperate world of TV news.  Julie - you even have her first name now - has won the Daphne du Maurier Award for Mainstream Mystery/Suspense, RT Reviewer’s Choice Award for Best First Mystery as well as the Minnesota Book Award.  

Her work has also been nominated for the Anthony, Barry, Shamus, Mary Higgins Clark, and RT Best Amateur Sleuth Awards.  She formerly ran WCCO-TV’s investigative unit before becoming a freelance network news producer for NBC and CBS.  

She lives with her family in White Bear Lake, Minnesota.

EASY?  You betcha!!  Now go enter the contest.

Good Luck to all who enter. 

Complete this form that gives you three choices, and a winner will be chosen on November 21.

18 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I had commented before I filled out the form and saw that it offered suggestions :) I did some online sleuthing and came up with it the hard way, oh well. I had never heard of this series before, but it looks like a fun read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL for you, Rita.

    Glad you were a good sleuth.

    Hope you win.

    ReplyDelete
  4. THANKS, Laurel.

    Hope you entered the contest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an interesting and fun way of having a giveaway. Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. THANKS, Vonnie.

    I am glad you liked the post and that you signed up for the giveaway.

    THANKS for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the fun "puzzle" contest! I like her cats; every desk should have one. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. THANKS for entering, Lark.

    I thought it was fun, glad you did too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That was a super cute contest! Love it :) Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  10. THANKS for entering...it was fun.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are welcome. I thought it was fun too.

    Thanks for entering, Anna.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A familiar face and a sweet giveaway! Thank you!
    Always love to see your banner!
    Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours,

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Thanksgiving to you too, Noelle.

    :) on your comment about my banner.

    I loved Portree, Scotland. Such a cute place.

    THANKS for stopping. Good luck in the contest. I will choose the winner on Friday morning.

    ReplyDelete