Monday, December 23, 2013

It's Monday!! What Are You Reading? - 12/23/13

   
**********************
I hope you had a great reading week. 
**********************
This is a weekly meme run by Book Journey!

Post the books completed last week, the books you are currently reading, and the books you hope to finish this week.


**********************

Books Completed Last Week:
I finished TWO books.  :)

UNRAVELLED by M. K. Tod

The book was good, but the war information, which was necessary, was a bit too much for me.  :)  

My review is in the link of the title above.

LOVE the cover.  


  
********************** 
JUBILEE'S JOURNEY by Bette Lee Crosby

This book was fantastic as all of her books are.  
It will be reviewed on my blog on January 2, but in the meantime, I have reviewed JUBLIEE'S JOURNEY on Amazon, Goodreads, Shelfari, and LibraryThing.

Ms. Crosby has written yet another marvelous book that will steal your heart, make you think about your family, and make you not want the book to end.  Ms. Crosby just knows how to put together a remarkable story that holds your interest from the first sentence.

**************

Book Currently Reading: 

This Dark Road To Mercy by Wiley Cash

VERY good so far...I have never read a book by Wiley Cash, but his writing is smooth and easy.



Books Up Next:

After I'm Gone for a post in January before the publication date of January 28.


Becoming Josephine for a tour on February 7, 2014


The Last of The Blacksmiths for a post on February 10, 2014



Fallen Beauty for a tour on February 28, 2014


The Signature of All Things  - I know, I know, I still haven't gotten this book started.  

I keep pushing it back so I can get my tour books squared away.  :)

That's just me I guess.  :)


**********************

The books below are not necessarily in the order I have planned to read them.  

I normally read in order of publication or tour date.

And....these are not for reading in the upcoming week.  They are books into and including next year.

The "list" is a means of keeping me organized.  A visual display helps a lot for organization along with my Excel lists.  :)


I added a couple more since last week.


 



 


Read the complete post...

30 comments:

  1. OOh nice! These are all new to me! Hope you enjoy your reads for the week!

    Here's my Monday Wrapup

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't get much reading done either, just too busy!

    Happy Holidays!
    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping, Jessica. Will check out your post shortly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping, shelleyrae.

    Happy Holidays to you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You didn't read A Land More Kind Than Home? You're gonna want to after you finish This Dark Road to Mercy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. No on reading A Land More Kind Than Home. He is an amazing author. I will get the book.

    THANKS for stopping, Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know what you mean about pushing books down the stack in favor of review and tour books. I hope to get a couple of those read while I'm on break since I am caught up on reviews. Have a great holiday season!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do like the cover of Unravelled. I'm not much into war time books though.

    I have Bette Lee Crosby books to read. They do look good.

    Hope you have a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just learned that I won a copy of Jubilee's Journey...looking forward to getting it. Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Signature of All Things is a book I want to read. I will look for your review.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have a great Christmas Elizabeth! Hope you will manage to get those tour books out of the way so you can start The Signature of all Things!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jubilee's Journey sounds good, will look forward to your review. I went over to Goodreads to look it up and see it is the second one, so guess would be best if I were to read that first.
    I know what you mean about too many war details. Sometimes I just don't want to know the atrocities.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice mailbox, Elizabeth! I can't wait to get my hands on Erika Robuck's FALLEN BEAUTY.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fallen Beauty does look good.

    THANKS for stopping, Beth.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jubilee's Journey is wonderful.

    I hope you get to read it, Kathryn T.

    Thanks for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am whittling down the list for tour books and will hopefully get to The Signature of Things.

    Thanks so much for stopping, Ciska.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for stopping by, Laura.

    It may be a bit before I get to The Signature of All Things, but keep checking back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Laurel - I can't wait to see what you think of Jubilee's Journey. I KNOW you are going to love it.

    Thanks for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yvonne...please let me know what you think of Bette Lee Crosby's books. I am sure you will really like them.

    Thanks for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for stopping, Kathy.

    I hope you get caught up on your reading during your break.

    ReplyDelete
  21. You have had a stellar week! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  22. THANKS for stopping, Deb.

    I did have a "stellar" week.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Looks like some great books in the queue, I think After I'm Gone sounds intriguing.

    Have a merry Christmas and a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  24. THANKS, Greg.

    I am starting After I'm Gone this evening.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I've gotten Lippman recommendations from about five different directions in the past week; I think it's time I tried one of her books.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I have the Signature of All Things on kindle and keep meaning to get to it too. Here's to good reading in 2014. Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  27. THANKS for stopping, Harvee.

    I hope we both get to it soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. You've got a great selection of books on your reading list! I loved The Shoemaker's Wife. I have been meaning to try more of her books. The Rachel Joyce book also looks interesting. I have The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry and need to get to that one too.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Laura Lippman is quite good.

    I hope you get to read one of her books, Beth.

    THANKS for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Christina...The Unlikely Pilgrimage was good. I saw a review for Perfect yesterday. It was rated highly.

    THANKS for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete