Monday, December 16, 2013

Mailbox Monday - 12/16/13

 

Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came into their house last week. (Library books don’t count, but eBooks & audiobooks do).    

Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles, and humongous wish lists!

Mailbox Monday, created by Marcia @ A Girl and Her Books, is on a blog tour!


 **********************
The host for December is: 

Back up host is 

**********************
I hope you had a good mailbox.

It snowed AGAIN today along with some sleet. 

********************** 

On Wednesday, December 11, I received:

1.  THE WHITE LIE by Andrea Gillies, courtesy of Katrina Kruse of Houghton Mifflin Harcourt.

I LOVE the cover.


2.  QUEEN ELIZABETH'S DAUGHTER  by Ann Clinard Barnhill, courtesy of St. Martin's Press and Amy Bruno of Historical Fiction Virtual Book Tours.


I will be on tour for this book on February 7, 2014.

On Saturday, December 14, I received:

1.  WOMAN OF ILL FAME by Erika Mailman, courtesy of the author.  


This was a Kindle download.  

Last week I forgot a book that arrived on December 5:

1.   THE STONES WEEP, Teaching The Holocaust through a Survivor's Art, courtesy of Steven Feuer of Gihon River Press.


If anyone teaches The Holocaust, this looks like an excellent book. Tastefully done and with lessons in the back of the book.



32 comments:

  1. Lovely books! Enjoy them all...you are so lucky to have snow, I've never seen it fall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen snow in Finland but I certainly wouldn't mind some of the cold right here now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Re the Holocaust, we recently watched the Academy Award winning movie, The Pianist, and found it very moving as well as informative about the German invasion of Poland at the beginning of WWII.
    Harvee
    Book Dilettante

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw the Pianist as well. Wonderful movie. Enjoy all of your books Elizabeth and stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the wonderful comments everyone.

    It is still freezing here. More snow on the way. It is 18 degrees F.

    Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keep the snow up your way and enjoy your new books!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I could get rid of the snow and cold. BRRRR.

    THANKS for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We've been getting snow a few times/week lately - more expected late this afternoon. Falala :)
    Enjoy your new books!

    ReplyDelete
  9. All those titles are new to me. Happy reading, Elizabeth!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you enjoy them all. I am intrigued by The White Lie.

    ReplyDelete
  11. All of those sound very good. Hope you enjoy those!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those books look amazing! Definitely checking them out. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think our snow from Saturday made it's way east to you. It's snowing right now so you may get some more. I know I've had enough for the season! Enjoy your books. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. THANKS for stopping, Mary.

    I haven't gotten to visit many blogs today. I need to stop by. I usually have all the blogs visited by now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Laurel...I really like the title and the cover of The White Lie. :)

    THANKS for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  16. THANKS, Misha.

    I hope you get to get to read them too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh no on the snow, Leslie.

    I hope the snow stays away, but I see we are getting more tonight. :)

    THANKS for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Samstillreading..thanks for stopping.

    We are getting more snow.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Mystica....LOL on wanting some snow.

    I guess it is hot where you are.

    THANKS for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have never seen The Pianist.

    I read a book ONCE WE WERE BROTHERS that talked about the German Invasion of Poland. VERY GOOD. Now I am trying to think if that was the book. Regardless, it was very good.

    THANKS for stopping, Harvee.

    ReplyDelete
  21. THANKS, Pat. It is going to snow again.

    Thanks for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I think I'd be most excited about Queen Elizabeth's Daughter, but all of these do look interesting to me!

    ReplyDelete
  23. It does sound good, doesn't it.

    Thanks for stopping, Shoshanah.

    ReplyDelete
  24. You got a great mix of books. The Holocaust art book will be emotional I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Queen Elizabeth's Daughter looks really good! Enjoy your books! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Elizabeth, enjoy your new books! I can't believe all the snow in your locale!

    ReplyDelete
  27. THANKS for stopping, Suko.

    I am trying to finish a book, but Christmas is getting in the way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Bluerose...thanks so much for stopping.

    Yes..I agree Queen Elizabeth's Daughter sounds very good.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Laura...I am sure it will be VERY emotional.

    THANKS for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I'm really curious about The Stones Weep. Enjoy your new books!

    ReplyDelete