Monday, December 30, 2013

Mailbox Monday - 12/30/13

 

Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came into their house last week. (Library books don’t count, but eBooks & audiobooks do).    

Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles, and humongous wish lists!

Mailbox Monday, created by Marcia @ A Girl and Her Books, is on a blog tour!


 **********************
The host for December is: 

Back up host is 

**********************
I hope you had a good mailbox.

A very light week, but a good week for me.  Light is good. :)

********************** 

On Thursday, December 26, I received:

1.  ONCE WE WERE BROTHERS by Ronald H. Balson.


I had received a copy in October and have read it, but I will share this copy with a friend.

I LOVED this book.  Very heart wrenching, but oh so very good.

Link to my review is in the title.

On Friday, December 27, I received:

1.  THE WRITING MASTER by Kitty  Burns Florey.


Looks quite interesting.





19 comments:

  1. ENJOY your reading week everyone!!

    Happy New Year!!

    Can you believe 2013 is almost over? It just flew by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm curious about The Writing Master so I'll watch for your review. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. THANKS for stopping, Mary.

    It may be a while until my review, but thanks for your interest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heart wrenching books are sometimes the best. But, I have to be in a strong place emotionally for them! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a wonderful mailbox! Happy reading for 2014!!

    Here is my post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The holidays are the perfect time for a slow mailbox.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love slow mailboxes. :)

    THANKS for stopping, Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. THANKS for stopping, gautami tripathy.

    Have a great week, and Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bellezza Mjs...thanks for stopping.

    It was VERY good even though so sad. I know what you mean about being in the right frame of mind to read books like that.

    Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Writing Master sounds very interesting. Hope you enjoy it.
    Harvee
    Book Dilettante

    ReplyDelete
  11. You've got me all curious about Once We Were Brothers. I had a light week too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Did you check out the review, Laura?

    THANKS for stopping.

    Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree...The Writing Master is going to be interesting.

    Thanks for stopping, Harvee.

    Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The first three chapters of Once We Were Brothers really hooked me. I haven't finished reading it yet because of other commitments, but definitely want to.

    Happy New Year. Thanks for stopping by The Busy Mom's Daily.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for stopping back, Cheryl.

    Get out your tissues. :) It is so good, but so sad.

    Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks to me like you have some very interesting reading lined up for 2014.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for stopping, Gigi Ann.

    I am looking forward to all these books, and I am sure more will be added. :)

    Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I haven't heard of Once We Were Brothers before, but nothing you loved it definitely makes me curious. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Elizabeth,

    A small mailbox maybe, but a very good one nonetheless.

    I am loving the sound of 'The Writing Master', especially when I discovered a lengthy synopsis over at Fantastic Fiction and realised just how long Kitty has been writing novels for, with her first book being published way back in 1979.

    I also came across her non fiction book 'Script & Scribble' which as I also love the art of penmanship, really interests me.

    Thanks for a most interesting post and another great title for my reading list,

    I would like to wish both you and your family every good wish for 2014 .... 'Happy New Year'!

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete