Monday, December 9, 2013

Mailbox Monday - 12/9/13




 

Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came into their house last week. (Library books don’t count, but eBooks & audiobooks do).    

Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles, and humongous wish lists!

Mailbox Monday, created by Marcia @ A Girl and Her Books, is on a blog tour!


 **********************
The host for December is: 

Back up host is 

**********************
I am back from my family visits.  I had a great time, but it is nice to be back home especially since it is snowing like crazy here and in Maryland and New York. 

Listed below are the books I received for the past TWO weeks.  

I hope you had a great two weeks.

********************** 
On Monday, November 25, I received:

1.  DEGREES OF COURAGE by Shari Vester, courtesy of the author for a tour post on January 24, 2014.


On Tuesday, November 26, I received:

1.  BECOMING JOSEPHINE by Heather Webb, courtesy of Mary Pomponio of Penguin Group for a tour post on February 7, 2014.


On Wednesday, November 27, I received:

1.  THE DRESSMAKER by Posie Graeme-Evans, courtesy of the author and Sarah Branham of Simon & Schuster.


I loved Posie's book, THE ISLAND HOUSE and asked her to send this book to me.

On Friday, November 29, I received:

1.  BALLS OF LEATHER AND STEEL by Guy Butler, courtesy of Flying Pig Media.




17 comments:

  1. Happy Monday!!

    ENJOY your books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you received a great collection of books. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Dressmaker is the only one I'm familiar with but I haven't read it. I hope it's fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love her writing style. I hope I like it.

    THANKS for stopping, Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just received one new book this week: "Why Read the Classics?" by Italo Calvino but I have so many I need to read AND visited the library, so one is already more than I really needed.

    Marianne from Let's Read

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just seeing the cover of The Dressmaker makes me want to read it! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE covers, and yes the book sounds so good.

    THANKS for stopping, Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  8. THANKS for stopping, Pat.

    It is quite an assortment of different genres. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree, Marianne. A few books are good in one week. ONE is even better. :)

    I have so many to read.

    THANKS for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So many good books! It must have been fun to come home to those packages. Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Elizabeth,

    I am loving the sound of both the Posie Graeme Evans books, especially 'The Dressmaker', which I hope that you enjoy as much as you did 'The Island House'.

    I must have missed your review post for this one, but having linked and checked it out, you definitely sold the book to me.

    You can keep the snow, thanks very much. I'll stick to the lovely dry and mild weather we have here.

    Have a good week,

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness, Yvonne. I absolutely LOVED The Island House.

    I hope you do get to read it.

    THANKS for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It was fun, readingdate.

    THANKS for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  14. If Becoming Josephine is about Napoleon's Josephine, then I'd say it's a book I'd like to read. Happy reading!

    Harvee
    Book Dilettante

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am not sure what it is about, but I love historical fiction so I figured it would be good. :)

    THANKS for stopping, Harvee.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I picked up Degrees of Courage recently too. And while I haven't read it, The Dressmaker is one I've been wanting to get to for a while now.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your books are new to me but I certainly do like the mix of reads. Enjoy them all and have a good week.

    ReplyDelete