Tuesday, December 31, 2013

What is YOUR New Year's Resolution?


*

MY QUESTION FOR YOU:

Do you make New Year's Resolutions? 

MY ANSWER FOR YOU:

I usually do NOT make New Year's Resolutions. 

I just never feel the need to, because I usually break them by the second week of January if I do decide to make one.  :)

 *********

What about YOU? Do you make New Year's Resolutions?

Please leave your answer in the comment box.


*********

Here are some New Year's Resolutions made by Atria Authors.

John Connolly: I don’t think I’ve ever made one, and I have no plans to start now.  Oh, wait: not dying.  I’m pretty much resolved to avoid dying. I really can’t see much of an upside to it. 

Abbi Glines: Spend less time on Twitter…but that was last year's resolution too.

John Lescroart: ”Don’t Worry, Be Happy.”

Liza Marklund: To be a bit more easy going and not dive into everything like my life depended on it.

Spencer Quinn: My New Year’s resolution is to do better on these questions next year.  Anything more ambitious than that would be doomed from the get-go.

K. A. Robinson: To try not to stress so much.

M. J. Rose: I don’t ever make them - they are too easy to break and then you get depressed and I’m too much on an optimist to want to deal with failure that early in the year.

Image courtesy of:

http://www.hdpaperwall.com/happy-new-year-2014-images/

13 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Elizabeth.

    I make resolutions the whole year through. If I realize I should do something I try to start immediately. Why wait for the 1th of January. For my blog I did make some resolutions which will be posted tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Elizabeth, I never make resolutions, either. It feels too much like a set up to fail.

    But I do want to wish you a very Happy New Year. I hope your Christmas as good. I had bronchitis this year and my Kiddo got married in front of the Christmas tree - big doings.

    I haven't decided about BEA yet, but I am thinking about it.

    Keep safe and healthy in the New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ciska...great thinking.

    For sure...why wait until January 1.

    Happy New Year, and thanks for stopping.

    Can't wait to see your blog resolutions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping, Alex.

    Great on your kiddo. In Rockefeller Center? Pretty neat.

    Ok on the BEA.

    Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I quit making them years ago because I never kept them. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping, Kathy.

    I can't keep them either. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never kept a New Year's resolution, so I quit making them ... LOL. But I do know that I'm going to have to cut back on social media a bit so can spend more quality time writing.

    Wishing you and yours a wonderful 2014, Elizabeth!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for stopping, Beth.

    Best to you and yours in 2014.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year! I do not make resolutions.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for stopping, Nise.

    Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great idea! I loved reading what the different authors said. I normally never make resolutions, but hey, it's a new year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. THANKS for stopping, Ellen.

    Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete