Monday, January 27, 2014

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? - 1/27/14



 
   
**********************
I hope you had a great reading week.  

**********************
This is a weekly meme run by Book Journey!

Post the books completed last week, the books you are currently reading, and the books you hope to finish this week.


**********************

Books Completed Last Week:

The Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd

The book was wonderful just like all of her books.  Love Sue Monk Kidd's books. 


Review link is in the book's title.

********************** 

Book Currently Reading: 

Mom is still in the hospital, and I didn't get much reading done.  

I will be in and out for visiting blogs.

I am still reading Hunting Shadows. It is quite good.  Sometimes his books get too detailed with war, but this is more about the characters and the lifestyle at that time in history.

Hunting Shadows by Charles Todd


**********************
Books Up Next:


Fallen Beauty for a tour on February 28, 2014



Comfort of Lies by Randy Susan Meyers for a post in February for Simon & Schuster along with a giveaway.


The Fever Tree by Jennifer McVeigh for a post in February for Penguin Group along with a giveaway.



The Chatelet Apprentice by by Jean-François Parot (Author) , Michael Glencross (Translator)


 Woman of Ill Fame by Erika Mailman


The Signature of All Things  


Perfect by Rachel Joyce


Under the Wide and Starry Sky by Nancy Horan


**********************

The books below are not necessarily in the order I have planned to read them.  

I normally read in order of publication or tour date.

And....these are not for reading in the upcoming week.  They are books into and including next year.

The "list" is a means of keeping me organized.  A visual display helps a lot for organization along with my Excel lists.  :)


I added a couple more since last week.


 



11 comments:

  1. Those are all new to me! Hope you enjoyed and enjoy them all!

    Here's my Monday Wrapup

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got gorgeous books in your upcoming reads! enjoy them all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your mother is doing better this week, and you have time to read and relax.

    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope your mom feels better soon.

    I definitely want to read The Invention of Wings. Enjoy your books, and thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry to hear that your mother is in the hospital! I hope she gets well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear about your mom. I hope she is better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. THANKS Nise.

    It is heartbreaking, but prayers are helping.

    ReplyDelete
  8. THANKS everyone.

    Say a prayer if you are so inclined.

    THANKS for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved The Invention of Wings.

    THANKS for stopping everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Elizabeth,

    First of all, I do hope that your mum is stable and even hopefully showing some small signs of improvement. I know from experience just what a strain hospital visiting can place on family members, so remember to take care of yourself as well!

    Wow! This is some post and line-up of future reading, far too much to take in at one visit.

    I recognise a couple of your selection from my own reading pile and another couple from other bloggers posts this week. However the book you feature which probably shouts out at me the loudest is 'The Signature Of All Things', which is a definite for my own reading list.

    I have added so many great new titles this week it is unbelievable and I can surely never hope to read them all!

    Thanks for sharing,

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete