Friday, February 14, 2014

Book Blogger Hop - 2/14 - 2/20

 Question of the Week:

How do you handle unsolicited books that appear in your mailbox? Do you add them to your queue? Do you write to the sender and explain you didn't ask for the book and are not sure when you will be able to read and review the book? Or do you simply not read the book at all? 


My Answer:

I add them to my queue only if it is a book I am interested in reading and if it is in the genres I read.

I normally do write back to the publisher or author and tell them that I am not sure when I can fit the book in, OR I tell them it is totally out of my reading genre and won't be able to read it.  To me, that is the courteous thing to do.

If it keeps occurring, I ask the author or publisher to please check with me before sending unsolicited books so it saves them money on postage.


Don't forget these giveaways...first one ends today.

Stop by this link for a giveaway of THE BOOK OF LOST FRAGRANCES. 

Another giveaway here for an e-galley of I AM PILGRIM.  

7 comments:

  1. I only read them if they interest me. If they don't, I try to find a good home for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, Kathy.

    No sense reading a book you aren't interested in. Too many good ones out there.

    THANKS for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, I think it is only common courtesy to at least send a quick note to them, it only costs a minute of my time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never received an unsolicited book in the mail (e or otherwise), but I agree with your answer, I would fit it in if it was something I read, but if not I would tell them that and why. I like the idea finding them another home.

    My link: http://cataluna6.blogspot.com.au/2014/02/book-blogger-hop-21st-feb.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. THANKS for stopping, Peggy.

    Nice answer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cataluna6 - thanks for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't received unsolicited books so I have no idea how I'll react to them.

    Thanks for stopping by Vonnie's Reading Corner.

    ReplyDelete