Monday, February 17, 2014

Mailbox Monday - 2/17/14


 
Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came into their house last week. (Library books don’t count, but eBooks & audiobooks do).    

Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles, and humongous wish lists!

Mailbox Monday, created by Marcia @ A Girl and Her Books, has a permanent home now at Mailbox Monday.


 **********************
Every week Mailbox Monday will have a new linky posted for our Mailbox Monday links at Marcia's Mailbox Monday blog.

Here’s a shout out to the new administrators:

Leslie of Under My Apple Tree 
Vicki of I’d Rather Be at the Beach
Serena @ Savvy Verse And Wit 

THANKS to everyone for keeping Mailbox Monday alive. 

**********************
I hope you had a good mailbox.  

My mom is still in the hospital so I will be in and out. 

Another giveaway here for an e-galley of I AM PILGRIM.  
**********************

I didn't receive any new books this week.
 
**********************
 On Monday, February 10, I received:

1.  I did receive a book plate from William Morrow for the review I did of AFTER I'M GONE by Laura Lippman.


23 comments:

  1. I bet you were kind of relieved to have an empty mailbox last week. I'm still praying for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANKS, Kathy. It is a difficult time.

    Very relieved for another empty mailbox.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your mom is better soon. An empty mailbox should ease your mind

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too had an empty mailbox!

    Hope your mom gets better soon...


    Here is my post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had an empty mailbox, too, and it is like taking a breather, time to catch up on other books.

    I did download some books, though, and bought one at B & N.

    Enjoy your week, and here's MY WEEKLY SUNDAY/MONDAY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keeping you and your family in my thoughts, Elizabeth.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The bookplate is nice. I'll keep your mom and family in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How nice. I love bookplates. Hope no books means a bit of catching up for you. Prayers continue for your mom.


    http://www.thebusymomsdaily.com/2014/02/mailbox-monday-february-17.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. THANKS for all the prayers everyone.

    Mom was able to swallow on Saturday and can eat soft food. Prayers are working. THANKS.

    And...an empty mailbox is very welcome.

    THANKS for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry to hear mom is still sick. Hope she's better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. THANKS, Leslie. She had a stroke, but prayers and the fabulous doctors are healing her. :)

    ENJOY your week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry to hear about your mom. Sending all the positive thoughts I can your way.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Elizabeth,

    I had thought that your mum's condition was improving and had no idea that she was still quite so sick, I am so sorry!

    I sincerely hope that you soon start to see tangible signs of a recovery and wish you all well. You should also take care to look after yourself, we only need one patient!

    The bookplate was such a kind thought, it must have been a lovely surprise to know that your efforts had not gone unnoticed nor unrewarded.

    Best Wishes,

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your mum is in my thoughts. I hope things take a turn for the better :)

    On a bookish note, that bookplate is awesome. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  15. THANKS, Sam. She did do well yesterday.

    The book plate was a fun surprise.

    THANKS for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I know, Yvonne. I need to take care of myself.

    She did do better yesterday. It goes back and forth. :( Strokes are tough to recover from at any age.

    THANKS for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  17. THANKS for stopping, Serena.

    Thanks about mom.

    ReplyDelete
  18. THANKS, Mystica.

    She did very well yesterday. Back and forth.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sorry your mom is still in the hospital. Will keep her, and the family, in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am sorry to hear about your mom; I wish her all the best!

    ReplyDelete