Friday, March 28, 2014

Book Beginnings - 3/28/14


*Please join Rose City Reader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.  *Taken directly from Rose City Reader's Blog Page.


*****************
Wow...I haven't participated since January.  My life has been crazy, and I also haven't read too many books.  

I actually have only read ONE book since January. Link to my review of my ONE book is below my Book Beginnings.

This week's Book Beginnings is taken from SEDUCTION by M. J. Rose.

"Every story begins with a tremble of anticipation.  At the start we may have an idea of our point of arrival, but what lies before us and makes us shudder is the journey, for that is all discovery.  This strange and curious story begins for me at the sea."

I am not too far into the book, but it seems to be good.  I have seen reviews that are good.

 *****************
THE MIDNIGHT ROSE is the one book I read.  

My review link is in the book's title.

This book was wonderful as are all of Lucinda Riley's books.


*****************








 


7 comments:

  1. Good to have you back. Thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANKS, JC. Feels good to be back.

    It has been a stressful few months. Still not over, but it has lessened.

    Thanks for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by. Wow! The book you're reading does have a interesting beginning. It's the kind of thing that makes you want to know what will happen.Have a happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've read just one book of hers Orchid House and found it fascinating. The wealth of detail and the family saga was so very good. This sounds equally good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is a fantastic author.

    THANKS for stopping, Mystica.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping, Jazz R. J.

    It is good, but a bit confusing. I am sure it will get better.

    ReplyDelete