Monday, March 24, 2014

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? - 3/24/14

   
**********************
I hope you had a great reading week.  
 
**********************
This is a weekly meme run by Book Journey!
 

Post the books completed last week, the books you are currently reading, and the books you hope to finish this week.

**********************

Books Completed Last Week:

I still haven't read a book. :(

I haven't finished a book since February 8.  I hope things settle down soon and I can concentrate.  :(

I am leaving the link to the same book as last two weeks.

The Midnight Rose by Lucinda Riley. 

This book is different from her others in terms of content, but just as good. 
THE MIDNIGHT ROSE moves from present day back to a diary that Anahita kept of her life in India as well as her life in England. 
 


********************** 

Book Currently Reading: 

Seduction by M. J. Rose

Haven't even started this book.




**********************
Books Up Next:


EVERYTHING TO LOSE by Andrew Gross




DELICIOUS by Ruth Reichl 



Woman of Ill Fame by Erika Mailman



The Signature of All Things  



Perfect by Rachel Joyce


Under the Wide and Starry Sky by Nancy Horan


**********************

The books below are not necessarily in the order I have planned to read them.  

I normally read in order of publication or tour date.

And....these are not for reading in the upcoming week.  They are books into and including next year.

The "list" is a means of keeping me organized.  A visual display helps a lot for organization along with my Excel lists.  :)


I added a couple more since last week.


 






25 comments:

  1. Elizabeth I hope you get your reading mojo back so that you can finish off some books. Hope all settles down soon. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading slumps can be tough. But we all need a break every now and then!

    Here's my Monday Wrapup

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope so too, Kathryn.

    It has been a rough couple of months with my parents.

    THANKS for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's not that I don't want to read, Jessica. My life has just taken a turn.

    THANKS for stopping by.

    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I go on book benders, where all I do is read then I have a week or so where I don't touch anything.

    I've recently read all three books in Leigh T. Moore's Dragonfly series (loved them!) and the last one I finished was Havah by Tosca Lee. What's next depends on the mood I'm in when I'm ready to get back on the reading wagon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I normally have a book and am reading all the time. My life has just been getting in the way.

    THANKS for stopping, Vicki.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Lucinda Riley book caught my eye. I've read only just one of her books and have tried to track down another. Not yet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Lucinda Riley book caught my eye. I've read only just one of her books and have tried to track down another. Not yet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mystica...my favorite is THE LAVENDER GARDEN.

    I hope you get to read it or any other of her books.

    Which book of hers did you get to read?

    THANKS for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I totally understand your reading slump due to the sad events in your life this month :(
    It's okay if you don't read anything-- just being online with us is good for you to have a few minutes to connect with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can certainly understand why you haven't been reading. I hope things get better for you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. THANKS, Rita.

    Yes...talking about books helps. It doesn't take as much concentration as it does to read. And it is fun to talk to my online friends.

    THANKS for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So many great books waiting for you when things settle down, which I hope will be soon. Take care.

    My recap: http://www.bookclublibrarian.com/2014/03/weekly-book-recap-59.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. THANK YOU, Catherine.

    I hope soon as well.

    THANKS for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The Signature of All Things is the book my book club has picked for the month of April.
    Happy Reading!
    :-)
    Bits & Bobs

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hear The Signature of All Things is good.

    I hope your book club likes it and that I get to it soon. :)

    THANKS for stopping, Jade.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hope you are doing ok!

    I have gone through reading slumps; I think they are just necessary sometimes. Hope things get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Quixotic...thanks for stopping.

    I hope things get better soon too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've had times when I couldn't really read....I'm in one of those right now, in fact. I finish books but I never get totally absorbed in them, like I like. Let's hope we get our reading mojo back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  20. totally get 'life' happening and reading not!
    best to you in the midst of it...

    ReplyDelete
  21. I definitely hope I get my reading mojo back, Deb.

    THANKS for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  22. THANKS, Faith, hope, Cherrytea.

    I hope it settles soon.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Finished one book last week. Mike Harvkey - In the Course of Human Events. Hoping for a couple this week, Luca Veste - Dead Gone, Dorothy Uhnak - Codes of Betrayal and Olen Steinhauer - The Cairo Affair.

    Hope you get your mojo back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  24. THANKS for stopping, col2910.

    I hope I get it back too.

    ReplyDelete