Monday, March 31, 2014

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? - 3/31/14

   
**********************
I hope you had a great reading week.  
 
**********************
This is a weekly meme run by Book Journey!
 

Post the books completed last week, the books you are currently reading, and the books you hope to finish this week.

**********************

Books Completed Last Week:

Started and am part way through SEDUCTION.


I am leaving the link to the same book as the last three weeks since I haven't reviewed or finished anything.

The Midnight Rose by Lucinda Riley. 

This book is different from her others in terms of content, but just as good. 
THE MIDNIGHT ROSE moves from present day back to a diary that Anahita kept of her life in India as well as her life in England. 
 


********************** 

Book Currently Reading: 


SEDUCTION by M. J. Rose

It's an OK read.  

A bit confusing, but amazing writing....lots of description and wonderful prose.




**********************
Books Up Next:

TO SLEEP...PER CHANCE TO DIE by Donald R. Grippo
 
This is for a tour on June 20.
 

COMFORT OF FENCES by Stacy Overman Morrison.


EMBER ISLAND by Kimberley Freeman


EVERYTHING TO LOSE by Andrew Gross




DELICIOUS by Ruth Reichl 



WOMAN OF ILL FAME by Erika Mailman



THE SIGNATURE OF ALL THINGS by Elizabeth Gilbert



PERFECT by Rachel Joyce


UNDER THE WIDE AND STARRY SKY by Nancy Horan


**********************

The books below are not necessarily in the order I have planned to read them.  

I normally read in order of publication or tour date.

And....these are not for reading in the upcoming week.  They are books into and including next year.

The "list" is a means of keeping me organized.  A visual display helps a lot for organization along with my Excel lists.  :)


I added a couple more since last week.


 







11 comments:

  1. Those are all new to me! Hope you enjoy your reads for the week!

    Here's my Monday Wrapup

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANKS, Jessica. I hope I get something read this week.

    What time do you get up? :)

    THANKS for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you started reading a bit this week. Hope it can temporarily take your mind away from RL. I have heard very good things about MJ Rose's Collector of Dying Breaths. Not sure if it is the newest in this series, or stand alone. I was thinking of getting it based on the glowing reviews. Also I usually love Andrew Gross books, and this one I am on the lookout for.
    Have a good week and hope it goes smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a lot of reading ahead of you! Strings Attached is on my reading list too. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like M.J. Rose's writing. Met her several times at BEA and she is a very nice lady. I read The Lost Book of Fragrances, which I didn't realize at first is part of a series. Still determined to go back and read the series from the start.

    Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great list of books! I can't wait to read your thoughts on Under the Wide and Starry Sky by Nancy Horan. My book group read her previous book, Loving Frank, which I thought was amazing. I will definitely be adding this new release to my list.
    Happy Reading!
    Rebecca @ The Key to the Gate

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping, Rebecca.

    I hope her new book is as good as LOVING FRANK.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Rita.

    SEDUCTION is ok. Can't get into it that much, but I love the setting and descriptions.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Vasilly, I hope I can get done reading soon.

    Thanks for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Catherine...she is an awesome lady.

    Wonder if we saw each other at the BEA and didn't know it. :)

    I was at the Simon & Schuster party this past year. Were you? :)

    THANKS for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I keep hearing great things about Rachel Joyce. Enjoy all your reads!

    ReplyDelete