Monday, March 17, 2014

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

   
**********************
I hope you had a great reading week.  
 
**********************
This is a weekly meme run by Book Journey!
 

Post the books completed last week, the books you are currently reading, and the books you hope to finish this week.

**********************

Books Completed Last Week:

Wow...I haven't finished a book since February 8.  

Too much going on in my life, but not fun stuff.  

With my father's passing on Tuesday, I still haven't read anything. 
The Midnight Rose by Lucinda Riley. 

This book is different from her others in terms of content, but just as good. 
THE MIDNIGHT ROSE moves from present day back to a diary that Anahita kept of her life in India as well as her life in England. 


********************** 

Book Currently Reading: 

Seduction by M. J. Rose

Haven't even started this book.




**********************
Books Up Next:


EVERYTHING TO LOSE by Andrew Gross




DELICIOUS by Ruth Reichl 



Woman of Ill Fame by Erika Mailman



The Signature of All Things  



Perfect by Rachel Joyce


Under the Wide and Starry Sky by Nancy Horan


**********************

The books below are not necessarily in the order I have planned to read them.  

I normally read in order of publication or tour date.

And....these are not for reading in the upcoming week.  They are books into and including next year.

The "list" is a means of keeping me organized.  A visual display helps a lot for organization along with my Excel lists.  :)


I added a couple more since last week.


 





20 comments:

  1. So sorry for you loss! Reading definitely can be tough when so much goes on in your life. Hope things get better for you soon and you get back to reading what you love!

    Here's my Monday Wrapup

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Elizabeth... I am so sorry about your dad. I know how hard it is to lose a parent. While you are very lucky to have had him all these years, until he was in his 90s, it still is never long emough... Hang in there... Sending lots of love

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elizabeth I'm very sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. THANK YOU, Jessica, Hilary, and Pat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry about your loss. Of course books are the last things on your mind at this time.

    I hope you enjoy the books on your list...you have some awesome looking ones.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So so sorry to hear you just lost your dad, Elizabeth. I'm sending you a big hug. My thoughts are with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear about your dad. This has been a difficult year for you. Hope things get better soon... and perhaps a good book will provide a needed respite.

    ReplyDelete
  8. THANKS, Laura. I needed a hug. So difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very difficult year, Leslie.

    One good thing is that my son is getting married to a lovely young lady. That is a bright spot in all of this.

    And...this has brought all 8 kids closer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your dad was such a handsome fellow! And how is your mom? Is she any better? When I'm stressed, I simply cannot focus enough to read. I hope things settle down, and may you find rest. How exciting that you have a wedding to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete
  11. THANK YOU, Heidi.

    Yes...very difficult to focus and no time.

    Mom is quite sad, but we told her that dad isn't suffering any more. She is coming along in therapy so hopefully she will be home soon.

    Looking forward to the wedding...a bright spot in all this sadness.

    It will be in Edinburgh, Scotland. His bride is from there. She will be moving to the USA after the ceremony.


    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad you have something to look forward to as you grieve your loss. Our lives are similar. Last year we lost my Father-in-Law and my daughter got married in June. Last month my Mother-in-law died and we look forward to two new babies.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful, Nise. A silver lining always seems to be there.

    THANKS for stopping and for you comforting words.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, Elizabeth I'm so sorry for your loss. You have definitely had a tough year and my thoughts are with you. Hugs to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  15. THANK YOU, reading date.

    It has been very tough.

    THANKS for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Again, my condolences for your father's passing. I'm glad you are starting to read again. Some people can immerse in reading when stressed, I have trouble doing that so I have slowed down my reading for now. Have put your book on my wishlist. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  17. My thoughts with you at this time.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Elizabeth I'm so sorry for your loss. It's so hard to lose those we love. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

    It is hard to concentrate with so much going on. The books will still be there when you're feeling more up to reading.

    ReplyDelete
  19. THANKS, Darlene.

    So nice to have all this support from family and friends at this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete