Monday, March 24, 2014

Mailbox Monday - 3/24/14

 
Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came into their house last week. (Library books don’t count, but eBooks & audiobooks do).    

Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles, and humongous wish lists!

Mailbox Monday, created by Marcia @ A Girl and Her Books, has a permanent home now at Mailbox Monday.


 **********************
Every week Mailbox Monday will have a new linky posted for our Mailbox Monday links at Marcia's Mailbox Monday blog.

Here’s a shout out to the new administrators:

Leslie of Under My Apple Tree 
Vicki of I’d Rather Be at the Beach
Serena @ Savvy Verse And Wit 

THANKS to everyone for keeping Mailbox Monday alive. 

**********************
I hope you had a good mailbox.  
 
**********************

I had some mailbox activity this week.  Haven't read anything at all, though
 
**********************
On Tuesday, March 18, I received:

1.  EMBER ISLAND by Kimberley Freeman, courtesy of Maria Whelan and Shida Carr.



Doesn't it look good?


27 comments:

  1. Don't you just love the cover?

    Hope you have a great reading week.

    THANKS for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does look good! I don't know anything a bout it, but the title has my mind spinning, wondering about the plot.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love books that connect past and present. This one sounds great. Love the cover.

    You can see my mailbox at http://www.thebusymomsdaily.com/2014/03/mailbox-monday-march-24.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love that cover! I'll be watching for your review. Enjoy!

    Here's MY WEEKLY SUNDAY/MONDAY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping, Laurel.

    Not sure when I will get to the book, but I do like the looks of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The title does make you wonder about the book's content, Janet.

    THANKS for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  7. THANKS for stopping, Irene.

    I hope I can start it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the cover! it is so pretty :)

    I have not heard of it so I will have to look it up :)

    Have a great week! :)

    Alex @ The Shelf Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for stopping, Alex.

    I hope I get to start it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A new title for me. It does have a nice summery cover, which is quite appealing right now with our extended winter.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness...it is FREEZING here. No snow, but so cold. Crazy.

    THANKS for stopping, Leslie.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Our crazy weather is sending us more snow tonight! Only an inch or so expected but any snow is too much snow. The huge piles in the parking lots have finally melted down to dirt. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  13. No snow that I know of, but I hate the cold.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous cover! Looks like a good book to escape in. Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I need some escape so hopefully I will get to it soon. :)

    THANKS for stopping, readingdate.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You're right, that is a great cover. I hope the book is just as good.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Me too on the book. With a great cover I am hoping it will be.

    THANKS for stopping, Laura.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm going to look up the book just based on the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I agree, Mary. The cover is awesome.

    THANKS for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  20. THANKS, Vicki.

    THANKS for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Elizabeth,

    I haven't read that many books by Australian authors, or in fact books set in Australia, so this one looks like a great addition to my list.

    I see that this author, when she is writing under her own name, is a fantasy author. I definitely wouldn't be so interested in those stories, so I shall just stick with Kimberley Freeman as the the author to watch!

    I do hope that things settle down a little very soon and am hoping that your mum continues to make steady progress.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks so much, Yvonne. Mom seems to be coming along nicely.

    I hope I get started reading again. Can't concentrate. :(

    THANKS as always for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  23. THANKS, Faith, Hope, and Cherrytea.

    That actually is my home mailbox. :)

    THANKS for stopping.

    ReplyDelete