Saturday, April 12, 2014

Book Beginnings - 4/11/14


*Please join Rose City Reader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.  *Taken directly from Rose City Reader's Blog Page.

 *****************

This week's Book Beginnings is taken from THE FORGOTTEN SEAMSTRESS by Liz Trenow.


"They told me you want to know my story, why I ended up in that place?  Well, there's an odd question and I've been asking it meself for the past fifty years.  I can tell you how I got there and what happened to me.  But why?  Now that's a mystery."

I am really liking the book.

 *****************

THE COMFORT OF FENCES by Stacy Overman Morrison is a book I finished last week. 

My review link is in the book's title. 


*****************


18 comments:

  1. I love the cover and the story already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely title, and an intriguing beginning. Sounds like you're enjoying it already!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hadn't heard of this one, but I love that cover...and the excerpt. Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree...the title is very lovely.

    It is very good so far.

    THANKS for stopping, guiltless reader.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cover is what caught my eye first.

    I am a cover girl. Tee Hee.

    Thanks for stopping, Laurel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, second oldest of eight? Respect! I only have one little sister and at times I can hardly deal with that! Anyways, this Book beginning sounds really good! I 'ove the way the narrator addresses the reader! And the cover is indeed very nice!
    Thanks for stopping by! I hope you have a great weekend!
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Elizabeth,

    'The Forgotten Seamstress', both author and book are new to me, however they are already added to my future reading list, so thanks for the lovely feature. I just had to cheat and check out the synopsis after those great opening lines and that led to an interesting insight into the life of the author and her family.

    Thanks for sharing and I hope that all is well with you,

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great beginning, I haven't heard of this book before.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This book beginning sounds very intriguing and I will get the book. I love the kind of books where someone finds something from the past and start investigating.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Julie...thanks.

    Yep...second oldest is a fun place to be. :)

    THANKS for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This book is set in Buckingham Palace. :)

    The seamstresses are adorable, and the writing is detailed.

    THANKS for stopping, Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  12. THANKS for stopping, Samantha.

    I just happened upon the book. It sounded so interesting I "had" to read it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that too, Lisbeth, when the past makes it way to the present.

    THANKS so much for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Always good to reach that achievement of a book read and enjoyed! All the best for the coming week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Always good to reach that achievement of a book read and enjoyed! All the best for the coming week.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It is quite good so far, Sheila.

    THANKS for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Kathryn...thanks for stopping.

    Totally agree...books are something to be enjoyed and remembered.

    ReplyDelete