Friday, April 18, 2014

Book Beginnings - 4/18/14


*Please join Rose City Reader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.  *Taken directly from Rose City Reader's Blog Page.

 *****************

This week's Book Beginnings is taken from Ember Island by Kimberley Freeman.

"June sunshine blessed Tilly Kirkland's wedding.  Only the luckiest brides married in June, and Tilly could not believe how lucky she had been."


Even though it sounds like a romance novel, it is a book about finding secrets hidden in an old homestead.  I love books like that.  :)  


 *****************

THE FORGOTTEN SEAMSTRESS is a book I finished last week.  



It was wonderful.   

My full review can't be posted until May 30, but here are the last few lines from my review.

"If you enjoy reading family history and the history of family heirlooms created by a past generation and found by the present generation, you will definitely enjoy THE FORGOTTEN SEAMSTRESS.

The writing is flawless, the characters are lovable and unforgettable, the storyline will definitely hold your interest until the last page.  And...the last few pages will have you glued to each word.​ 5/5"


*****************

14 comments:

  1. This looks like a good romantic read! Happy Reading!!

    Here is my Book Beginning post!

    AND

    Here is my Friday 56

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think it is romantic, though.

    That's why I was wondering when I read the first few pages. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Forgotten Seamstress was AWESOME.

    I am only just beginning Ember Island.

    Thanks for stopping, Harvee.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These both look very tempting...glad you could share them. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping, Laurel.

    I loved The Forgotten Seamstress.

    I am sure Ember Island will be good as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm putting the forgotten seamstress on my TBR list. Thanks for your thoughts, Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm adding The Forgotten Seamstress to my list and will watch for your review!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both books look like great stories!

    I haven't been around to visit BBOF participants for a while now. My apologies. I started my own law firm two weeks ago and have been crazy busy getting set up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your new law firm, Gillon. That is such a wonderful accomplishment.

    THANKS for stopping by.


    ReplyDelete
  10. You will love it, Irene.

    I hope you get to read it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beth...thanks for stopping.

    I am glad I was persuasive about how much I liked the book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the wedding description! I was a June bride :) Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for stopping, livingonborrowedays.

    The book is quite good, but isn't too lucky for the June bride in this book. :)

    ReplyDelete