Monday, April 21, 2014

It's Monday!! What Are You Reading? - 4/21/14

   
**********************
I hope you had a great reading week.  
 
**********************
This is a weekly meme run by Book Journey!
 

Post the books completed last week, the books you are currently reading, and the books you hope to finish this week. 

**********************


Books Completed Last Week:


THE FORGOTTEN SEAMSTRESS by Liz Trenow

This is for a blog tour on May 30. 

It was a fantastic book.  No review at this time.  I need to wait until May 30 to post, but below are a few lines from my review.

"A quilt with a history.  A quilt containing royal cloth.  A quilt spanning a number of years.  A quilt that told a story.

If you enjoy reading family history and the history of family heirlooms created by a past generation and found by the present generation, you will definitely enjoy THE FORGOTTEN SEAMSTRESS.

The writing is flawless, the characters are lovable and unforgettable, the storyline will definitely hold your interest until the last page.  And...the last few pages will have you glued to each word.​ 5/5"




**********************

Book Currently Reading: 

EMBER ISLAND by Kimberley Freeman

I am not too far into the book, but it is good.  It has secrets hidden in a family homestead.  

**********************
Books Up Next:

TO SLEEP...PER CHANCE TO DIE by Donald R. Grippo
This is for a blog tour on June 20. 



EVERYTHING TO LOSE by Andrew Gross




THE FORTUNE HUNTER by Daisy Goodwin


DELICIOUS by Ruth Reichl 



WOMAN OF ILL FAME by Erika Mailman



THE SIGNATURE OF ALL THINGS by Elizabeth Gilbert



PERFECT by Rachel Joyce


UNDER THE WIDE AND STARRY SKY by Nancy Horan


**********************

The books below are not necessarily in the order I have planned to read them.  

I normally read in order of publication or tour date.

And....these are not for reading in the upcoming week.  They are books into and including all of 2014.

The "list" is a means of keeping me organized.  A visual display helps a lot for organization along with my Excel lists.  :)




 







36 comments:

  1. So many pretty books! The Fortune Hunter and Under the Wide and Starry Sky are definitely calling to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are pretty covers, Kate. I get pulled in by covers all the time. :)

    Thanks so much for stopping, Kate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've got so many books lined up! And all of them have such beautiful covers! 'The Forgotten Seamstress; looks amazing! I'll be stopping by on the 30th :)
    Thanks for sharing :) I hope you have a great week!
    My Monday post
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Forgotten Seamstress sounds like my kind of read. Looking forward to finding out which of your may books you start next.

    My post: http://www.bookclublibrarian.com/2014/04/weekly-book-recap-63.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. THANKS, Catherine.

    The Forgotten Seamstress was good.

    I started Ember Island.

    THANKS for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know...I LOVE covers, Julie. :)

    The Forgotten Seamstress was very good.

    THANKS for stopping, Julie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great books this week, enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Marce.

    THANKS for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a nice assortment of books. The Forgotten Seamstress does sound amazing. I just read an amazing books too but won't be posting my review until July 5. Come see what I read last week. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for stopping, Kathy.

    You must be like me, Kathy. I read tour books early so all is organized and done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, what a great many books -- organizing..yeah, I should do more of that.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like some good reading. I enjoyed The Signature of All Things.

    Joy's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  13. So glad you loved The Forgotten Seamstress because I have my eye on it. I really enjoyed the author's previous book.

    ReplyDelete
  14. As usual these are all new to me reads! Hope you have a good reading week!

    Here's my Monday Wrapup

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I know, Irene. Quite a LONG list. :)

    THANKS for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You will love The Forgotten Seamstress if you read it.

    Thanks for stopping, Laura.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am still trying to read The Signature of Things. It keeps getting pushed down the stack. :)

    THANKS for stopping, Joy.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am a crazy organizing person. :)

    THANKS for stopping, Serena.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The Fortune Hunter looks great. I will have to look that one up.
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am looking forward to reading The Fortune Hunter.

    Thanks for stopping, Lindsey.

    ReplyDelete
  21. The Forgotton Seamstress sounds a good read. I also like the other books.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I do have a lot of really good books.

    Finding the time to get to them is the problem. :)

    THANKS for stopping, Mystica.

    ReplyDelete
  23. The Forgotten Seamstress looks like a very nice story, and I've heard that Ember Island is good as well. Enjoy your reading this week!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I loved The Forgotten Seamstress.

    Ember Island is quite good as well.

    THANKS for stopping, Greg.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Woah, that's a long list you have there. I hope you enjoy them all. :)

    Thanks for dropping by my blog. Happy reading! ^__^

    Julie @ Books and Insomnia

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks for stopping, Julie.

    I hope I get to read all of them in a reasonable amount of time.

    ReplyDelete
  27. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love them too....thanks for stopping, Laura.

    Covers ALWAYS pull me in.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Latest Automotive Information with Pictures, latest speedy cars, top vehicles
    TopAmazingCars.BlogSpot.Com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Female Celebrties Facebook Covers, Most Popular Fb Covers in the Industry
    UniqueFbCovers.Com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Home Based Business Join Now without any Work
    Earn 400% within a Month
    Payout within 24 Hours with Perfect Money, OkPay and EgoPay
    Join Now
    Dollar-Inv.co

    ReplyDelete
  32. Get Likes on your Facebook Profile Picture, Facebook Shares, Facebook Comments, Youtube Views Comments and Likes and All Social Media Likes and Follows
    Contact Now Skype : Jobz.Corner
    JobzCorner.com

    ReplyDelete