Monday, April 7, 2014

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? - 4/7/14

   
**********************
I hope you had a great reading week.  
 
**********************
This is a weekly meme run by Book Journey!
 

Post the books completed last week, the books you are currently reading, and the books you hope to finish this week.

**********************

Books Completed Last Week:

No book completed, and I stopped reading SEDUCTION...I couldn't get interested.  

I did read until page 178, though.  Gave it the good old college try.


**********************
I am leaving the link to the same book as the last four weeks since I haven't reviewed or finished anything.

The Midnight Rose by Lucinda Riley. 

This book is different from her others in terms of content, but just as good. 
THE MIDNIGHT ROSE moves from present day back to a diary that Anahita kept of her life in India as well as her life in England. 
 


********************** 

Book Currently Reading: 

COMFORT OF FENCES by Stacy Overman Morrison.


**********************
Books Up Next:

THE FORGOTTEN SEAMSTRESS by Liz Trenow

This is for a blog tour on May 30. 



TO SLEEP...PER CHANCE TO DIE by Donald R. Grippo
This is for a blog tour on June 20. 


EMBER ISLAND by Kimberley Freeman


EVERYTHING TO LOSE by Andrew Gross




DELICIOUS by Ruth Reichl 



WOMAN OF ILL FAME by Erika Mailman



THE SIGNATURE OF ALL THINGS by Elizabeth Gilbert



PERFECT by Rachel Joyce


UNDER THE WIDE AND STARRY SKY by Nancy Horan


**********************

The books below are not necessarily in the order I have planned to read them.  

I normally read in order of publication or tour date.

And....these are not for reading in the upcoming week.  They are books into and including all of 2014.

The "list" is a means of keeping me organized.  A visual display helps a lot for organization along with my Excel lists.  :)




 







15 comments:

  1. Nice! Lots of new to me ones here! Hope you enjoyed and enjoy them all!

    Here's my Monday Wrapup

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you find just the right book to read this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping and always being the first commenter.

    You are an early bird, Jessica. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope I find something soon, Kathy.

    THANKS for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you have a lot of good books coming up on your stack. Come see my week here. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm very much a mood reader so I understand trying a book and putting it aside. I do that sometimes and then do go back to it if I change my mind. But I understand especially if you have serious thoughts on your mind as you do at this time. I entered The Other Typist contest-- sounds interesting and I haven't picked it up yet. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've heard lots about Under the Wide and Starry Sky and have it on hold at the library. I'm curious to see what you think of it.
    Happy reading this week?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lots of good books up next. Hope you're able to get to them soon.

    My recap: http://www.bookclublibrarian.com/2014/04/weekly-book-recap-61.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree about a mood reader, Rita. Perhaps I should revisit all the books I put aside when things are settled around here.

    THANKS for stopping.

    I read THE OTHER TYPIST last year. It was VERY good. The ending will have you saying: What?

    Good luck in the contest...thanks for entering.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Alex...I have had UNDER THE WIDE AND STARRY SKY since the last BEA. I need to get it read. :)

    THANKS for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope I get my reading mojo back soon too, Catherine.

    They ALL are so good.

    THANKS for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  12. THANKS for stopping, Kathy.

    Will stop by your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope your find something you want to read this week

    Have a great reading week,
    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete
  14. THANKS, Shelley...I hope I do too.

    THANKS for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Synchronisys (as per reviews) is one good company powered by Manish Sangal of Xceltech and Conceptsit.

    ReplyDelete