Monday, April 21, 2014

Mailbox Monday - 4/21/14

 
Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came into their house last week. (Library books don’t count, but eBooks & audiobooks do).    

Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles, and humongous wish lists!

Mailbox Monday, created by Marcia @ A Girl and Her Books, has a permanent home now at Mailbox Monday.


 **********************
Every week Mailbox Monday will have a new linky posted for our Mailbox Monday links at Marcia's Mailbox Monday blog.

Here’s a shout out to the new administrators:

Leslie of Under My Apple Tree 
Vicki of I’d Rather Be at the Beach
Serena @ Savvy Verse And Wit 

THANKS to everyone for keeping Mailbox Monday alive. 

**********************

I hope you had a good mailbox.  
 
**********************

I had a record book week this week.  :)
I am saying that because I have gotten NO books or no more than one or two books for a long time.  :)

**********************
On Monday, April 14, I received:

1.  THE GIRL WHO CAME HOME by Hazel Gaynor, courtesy of LibraryThing.

It looks quite good.


On Tuesday, April 15, I received:

1.  THE OTHER STORY by Tatiana de Rosnay, courtesy of Staci Burt and Joan Higgins of St. Martin's Press.

 

I know I am going to LOVE this book.

On Thursday, April 17, I received:

1.  HUNTED by Elizabeth Heiter, courtesy of Emer Flounders of Harlequin.

 

Love the cover...Sounds very good too.

On Friday, April 18, I received:

1.  THE FORTUNE HUNTER by Daisy Goodwin, courtesy of Reading Group Guides and Carol Fitzgerald.

It looks very good.


On Saturday, April 19, I received:

1.  Chateau of Secrets by Melanie Dobson, courtesy of Christopher M. McCarthy of Howard Books, a Division of Simon & Schuster.

Love the era it is set in.





32 comments:

  1. I am excited about the books this week.

    They all look so good and I love the covers. :)

    THANKS for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK YOU, Mary.

    I was excited about them.

    THANKS for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the look of Hunted! The cover looks so pretty! :)

    I look forward to your review on it!

    Thanks for sharing, enjoy your books and have a great week! :) xxx

    Alex @ The Shelf Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  5. All the books sounds good. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have The Girl Who Came Home. Hope to start it soon!

    Enjoy all your books!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read The Girl Who Came Home, I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Lots of great ones. I really want to read The Girl Who Came Home. Enjoy all your new books.

    Hope you'll visit http://www.thebusymomsdaily.com/2014/04/mailbox-monday-april-21.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope it was good, Tribute Books Mama.

    THANKS for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  10. THANKS for stopping, Cheryl.

    I love the cover of The Girl Who Came Home.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Vicki...I will be looking for your review.

    I am sure The Girl Who Came Home is very good.

    THANKS for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for stopping, Kathy.

    I am excited about my books that arrived.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Elysium...thanks for stopping.

    I am looking forward to reading them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Alex...thanks for stopping.

    Yes...the cover is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Laurel...thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  16. All new titles for me. The book about The Titanic sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for stopping, Leslie.

    Yes, it does sound good. I hope I get to it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's always fun getting books in the mail! Glad you're excited about your new arrivals - they look good to me too. Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks, Reading Date.

    I am very excited about each book. Some weeks I get unsolicited books and never know what to do with them. :) Especially if they aren't something I like.

    Thanks for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  20. A banner week for sure! I just purchased Hazel Gaynor's book and am looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. The Hunted sounds like a great thriller! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  22. nfmgirl...I agree...the cover looks spooky. :)

    THANKS for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am looking forward to reading Ms. Gaynor's book too.

    THANKS for stopping, Booksync/Colleen.

    ReplyDelete
  24. You had a great week - receiving books! I love when I receive books in the mail. It is usually 0 or 1, but this week was good for me too and I received 3!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I agree...a lot of fun to get books.

    THANKS for stopping, Pat.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Elizabeth,

    You certainly had a bumper week for new additions to your TBR pile!

    As you say, some great covers and some very diverse storylines. However, given my penchant for a good murder / mystery 'Hunted' is the one I shall be adding to my own list. Elizabeth sounds like a good debut novelist to watch out for in the future.

    Thanks for sharing and have a good week,

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hunted does look quite good.

    THANKS for stopping by, Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I like all your books but A Fortune Hunter especially caught my eye.
    Enjoy - Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  29. THANKS for stopping, Martha.

    I am reading The Fortune Hunter now. Not too far into the book. Seems to be ok.

    ReplyDelete