Monday, May 26, 2014

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? - 5/26/14


   
**********************
I hope you had a great reading week.  
 
**********************
This is a weekly meme run by Book Journey!
 

Post the books completed last week, the books you are currently reading, and the books you hope to finish this week. 



********************** 

Books Completed Last Week:

A LONG TIME GONE by Karen White

 The book was very good...full of Southern charm.

My review will be up on June 13 for a tour.





**********************

Book Currently Reading: 


EMPIRE GIRLS by Suzanne Hayes & Loretta Nyhan

Looks good, doesn't it?  It is...I am on Page 50...loving it.




**********************

Giveaway here for THE THIRD RAIL

**********************

Books Up Next:


THE QUALITIES OF WOOD by Mary Vensel White


DELICIOUS by Ruth Reichl 



HUNTED by Elizabeth Heiter

 THE GIRL WHO CAME HOME by Hazel Gaynor




WOMAN OF ILL FAME by Erika Mailman



THE SIGNATURE OF ALL THINGS by Elizabeth Gilbert



PERFECT by Rachel Joyce


UNDER THE WIDE AND STARRY SKY by Nancy Horan


**********************

The books below are not necessarily in the order I have planned to read them.  

I normally read in order of publication or tour date.

And....these are not for reading in the upcoming week.  They are books into and including all of 2014.

The "list" is a means of keeping me organized.  A visual display helps a lot for organization along with my Excel lists. 



   














































24 comments:

  1. I have never read a book by Karen White but she looks like an author I should try at some point in time.
    Have a great reading week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope everyone has a great reading week.

    Thanks for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathryn...you should give her a try. Her books are always very good.

    Thanks for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many new authors here for me to try. Thanks for the updates.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are all new to me! Hope you enjoyed and enjoy them all!

    Here's my Monday Wrapup

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. THANKS for stopping, Jessica.

    ENJOY your reading week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing, Elizabeth. After looking at your new reads I added Empire Girls to be Goodreads list.

    Have a great time at BEA. Wish I could attend the bloggers conference, but it conflicts with another daylong event I'll be at.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Empire Girls is very good. I am almost done with it.

    Ooooo...maybe I will see you at the BEA. :)

    Have fun if we don't get to meet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Empire Girls does look great... will look forward to your review! I need to read Karen White, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I enjoyed Seven for a Secret and I've been meaning to read The Bookstore.

    Looks like you've been getting some great reading in and have more in store for the remainder of the year.

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Girl Who Came Home looks good. I'm a sucker for books set around the Titanic tragedy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am looking forward to the Karen White book. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Perfect was a really good book. Did you read Joyce's debut??

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Girl Who Came Home keeps catching my eye. But then again, I've always been obsessed with the Titanic.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Delicious seems to be doing the rounds ... enjoy. Hmm might have to add Empire Girls to my groaning TBR pile. Have a great week and happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the Titanic too, Page.

    I am looking forward to reading this book.

    THANKS for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  17. EMPIRE GIRLS was very enjoyable...I hope you get to read it, Teddyree.

    DELICIOUS does seem to be quite popular.

    THANKS FOR STOPPING, Teddyree.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lindsey..yes...I read The Pilgrimage of Harold Frye. It was good.

    I am looking forward to Perfect.

    THANKS so much for stopping, Lindsey.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nise...I hope you get to read it. It is REALLY good.

    THANKS for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the Titanic, Laura.

    I am looking forward to reading it.

    THANKS for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  21. THANKS for stopping, Jo.

    Yes....tons of books that will last me forever. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. JoAnn...review is up today.

    I will send you an e-mail with the link if I have your e-mail.

    THANKS for stopping...the book was good.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the look of Empire Girls. Hope you will like it. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I loved it, Ciska.

    It is reviewed on my blog now if you want to take a peek.

    THANKS for stopping.

    ReplyDelete