Monday, May 26, 2014

Mailbox Monday - 5/26/14

 
Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came into their house last week. (Library books don’t count, but eBooks & audiobooks do).    

Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles, and humongous wish lists!

Mailbox Monday, created by Marcia @ A Girl and Her Books, has a permanent home now at Mailbox Monday.


 **********************
Every week Mailbox Monday will have a new linky posted for our Mailbox Monday links at Marcia's Mailbox Monday blog.

Here’s a shout out to the new administrators:

Leslie of Under My Apple Tree 
Vicki of I’d Rather Be at the Beach
Serena @ Savvy Verse And Wit 

THANKS to everyone for keeping Mailbox Monday alive. 

 ****************

I hope you had a good mailbox.  


 ****************

I had a few books in my mailbox this week.

*****************

Giveaway here for THE THIRD RAIL

*****************

On Monday, May 19, I received:

1.   THE QUALITIES OF WOOD by Mary Vensel White, courtesy of Tracy Diamond of Harper Collins.



On Wednesday, May 21, I received:

1.  THE SECRET LIFE OF VIOLET GRANT by Beatriz Williams, courtesy of a win on LibraryThing and Arianna Romig of Penguin group.




29 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping. I hope you had a good mailbox.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet The Secret Life of Violet Grant is terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  3. THANKS, Pat.

    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am hoping it is wonderful!!

    THANKS for stopping, Kathy.

    I hope I see you at the BEA.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Secret Life of Violet Grant really appeals to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am looking forward to reading it.

    THANKS for stopping, Kristen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both books sound great! Hope you enjoy them and have a blast at BEA.

    ReplyDelete
  8. THANKS, Reading Date.

    It is always so much fun.

    THANKS for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an odd title for a book, yet I am so intrigued I'd like to try it --enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Qualities of Wood sounds good! I hadn't heard of that one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've heard good things about The Secret Life of Violet Grant. Enjoy your books!

    Here's
    MY WEEKLY SUNDAY/MONDAY UPDATES POST

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope you enjoy both of these. I've seen The Qualities of Wood at a few blogs so far.



    http://www.thebusymomsdaily.com/2014/05/mailbox-monday-may-26.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. The synopsis of The Qualities of Wood sounds excellent. I am sure I will like it.

    Thanks for stopping, Cheryl.

    ReplyDelete
  14. THANKS, Laurel.

    I love the cover too.

    THANKS for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  15. THANKS for stopping, Leslie.

    I am looking forward to reading it...the title is quite odd, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. THANKS for stopping, Leslie.

    I am looking forward to reading it...the title is quite odd, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. The title is quite odd, Diane, but the synopsis sounded so intriguing, I am looking forward to reading it.

    Thanks for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm intrigued by The Quality of Wood

    ReplyDelete
  19. I agree, Emma...it is such an interesting title.

    THANKS for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Elizabeth,

    I couldn't choose between your books this week, so have ended up by adding both to my own list.

    I love a good mystery, so 'The Qualities Of Wood' sounds right up my street and I just love the cover art.

    With 'The Secret Life Of Violet Grant', you couldn't have wished for a better win, I am so jealous.

    Both are new to me authors, so I shall be interested to read what you think about them both.

    Have a good week and I hope that all is well with you,

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  21. THANKS for stopping, Yvonne.

    I am looking forward to reading both of the books.

    ReplyDelete
  22. The title and book cover draw me in. I hope you enjoy The Quality of Wood.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm going to have to check out The Qualities of Wood. It sounds really good! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm looking forward to the new B. Williams book. I really enjoyed her previous novel.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congrats on your win! Both your books look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  26. THANKS for stopping, samstillreading.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oooh, the new Wiliams book looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thanks for stopping, staceybuckeye.

    ReplyDelete