Monday, May 5, 2014

Mailbox Monday - 5/5/14

 
Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came into their house last week. (Library books don’t count, but eBooks & audiobooks do).    

Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles, and humongous wish lists!

Mailbox Monday, created by Marcia @ A Girl and Her Books, has a permanent home now at Mailbox Monday.


 **********************
Every week Mailbox Monday will have a new linky posted for our Mailbox Monday links at Marcia's Mailbox Monday blog.

Here’s a shout out to the new administrators:

Leslie of Under My Apple Tree 
Vicki of I’d Rather Be at the Beach
Serena @ Savvy Verse And Wit 

THANKS to everyone for keeping Mailbox Monday alive. 
 **********************

Giveaway of LOOKING FOR ME by Beth Hoffman until May 8.

Be sure to enter.  Beth's book is amazing.

**********************
A second giveaway of THE GREAT BROWNIE TASTE-OFF until May 8.

Enter here.

**********************

I hope you had a good mailbox.  
 
**********************

I had a few books come in this week.

**********************

On Monday, April 28, I received:

1.  NEW LIFE,  NO INSTRUCTIONS by Gail Caldwell, courtesy of Jess Bonet of Random House Marketing.

This was an unsolicited book, but the cover is gorgeous and it sounds interesting.



2.  Nine copies of THE FORTUNE HUNTER by Daisy Goodwin for my book club.

GORGEOUS cover.



It was a bit too detailed for me, but if you like
aristocratic activities, you won't be disappointed. 

My review is in the title of the book. 


On Tuesday, April 29, I received:

1. THAT NIGHT by Chevy Stevens, courtesy of Staci Burt of St. Martin's.

I have only read ONE book by Ms. Stevens. It was very good and very scary.  :)

I am sure THAT NIGHT will be equally as good.



On Saturday, May 3, I received:

1.  INTERIOR DESIGNS by Laurel-Rain Snow, courtesy of the author.  

I won this book in a giveaway on Laurel's blog for her sixth year blog anniversary.  THANKS so much.





36 comments:

  1. I agree about New Life no Instructions, the cover looks inviting. I want to read Interior Designs sometime. Nice win!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANKS for stopping, Kathryn.

    I liked my mailbox. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, great mailbox! Some great books - which will you read first?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to your thoughts on all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet your book club loves you! I got That Night too and look forward to reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thoroughly enjoyed That Night...and now I have my eye on the Gail Caldwell book.

    Hope you enjoy Interior Designs, too.

    Have a great week, and here's MY WEEKLY SUNDAY/MONDAY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have others to read first, samstillreading, but will read THAT NIGHT first out of the ones I received this week.

    THANKS so much for stopping

    ReplyDelete
  9. THANKS for stopping, Mary.

    I will read them eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL...yes...my book club loves me.

    Thanks for stopping, Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great to hear That Night is good.

    I know I will enjoy Interior Designs. It is in my queue. THANKS again for the copy of your book.

    THANKS for stopping, Laurel.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I enjoyed Gail Caldwell's previous book but I didn't know she had a new one out! I will have to look it up.
    Happy reading this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for stopping, Lindsey.

    I didn't know this author before.

    Are you books good?

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow, lots of books! got 2 myself: http://wordsandpeace.com/2014/05/05/mailbox-monday-may-5/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for stopping, wordsandpeace.

    I am happy with my mailbox this week.

    ReplyDelete
  16. THANKS, Anna.

    I hope you had a good mailbox.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hope your book club has a lively discussion about the Fortune Hunter. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. looking forward to your thoughts on these titles.

    ReplyDelete
  19. That Night is popping up everywhere!

    I hope you enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I know...I see That Night in a number of mailboxes too.

    THANKS for stopping, Vicki.

    ReplyDelete
  21. THANKS, Irene.

    Glad you could stop by today.

    ReplyDelete
  22. THANKS, readingdate, I hope they like it better than I did. :)

    THANKS for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hope you enjoy your reads, looks like a nice mix. I kinda thought The Fortune Hunter sounded good but I can see where all the upper crust stuff could get repetitive.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks for stopping, Greg.

    Yes...the upper crust activities got a bit too much.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I've seen That Night around a lot and it sounds good! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm looking forward to reading That Night too!

    ReplyDelete
  27. THANKS for stopping, Leslie.

    I am sure THAT NIGHT will be good.

    ReplyDelete
  28. NEW LIFE, NO INSTRUCTIONS by Gail Caldwell looks like a great book. I'll be watching for your review.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Have you read it, Michelle?

    THANKS for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Enjoy the books. You're right, the cover for The Fortune Hunter is great.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thanks for stopping, Carol.

    Yes...the cover drew me in, but it was not a favorite book.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi Elizabeth,

    I chat to Laurel-Rain Snow on a regular basis through her blog, so I really must check out 'Interior Designs', as it does sound so good.

    I already have the Chevy Stevens on my list and I shall be acquiring a copy of 'That Night', just as soon as possible .... always a great read!

    I hope that you enjoy all your books and that all is well with you,

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi Elizabeth,

    I chat to Laurel-Rain Snow on a regular basis through her blog, so I really must check out 'Interior Designs', as it does sound so good.

    I already have the Chevy Stevens on my list and I shall be acquiring a copy of 'That Night', just as soon as possible .... always a great read!

    I hope that you enjoy all your books and that all is well with you,

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Thanks for stopping, Yvonne.

    I hope we can discuss what we think of That Night when you are done.

    Mom is back in the hospital. Thanks for the thoughts.

    ReplyDelete