Monday, June 2, 2014

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? - 6/2/14


   
**********************
I hope you had a great reading week.  
 
**********************
This is a weekly meme run by Book Journey!
 

Post the books completed last week, the books you are currently reading, and the books you hope to finish this week. 

********************** 

Books Completed Last Week:

EMPIRE GIRLS by Suzanne Hayes & Loretta Nyhan

It was fantastic. 

Review is in the title of the book.

 
 **********************
I read THE FORGOTTEN SEAMSTRESS a while ago, but the review just went up on Friday per publisher request. 


I LOVED this book.

The review is in the title of the book.

**********************

Book Currently Reading: 


THE QUALITIES OF WOOD by Mary Vensel White


A strange title, but the book is quite good.

**********************

Giveaway here for THE THIRD RAIL

**********************

Books Up Next:


DELICIOUS by Ruth Reichl 



HUNTED by Elizabeth Heiter

 THE GIRL WHO CAME HOME by Hazel Gaynor




WOMAN OF ILL FAME by Erika Mailman



THE SIGNATURE OF ALL THINGS by Elizabeth Gilbert



PERFECT by Rachel Joyce


UNDER THE WIDE AND STARRY SKY by Nancy Horan


**********************

The books below are not necessarily in the order I have planned to read them.  

I normally read in order of publication or tour date.

And....these are not for reading in the upcoming week.  They are books into and including all of 2014.

The "list" is a means of keeping me organized.  A visual display helps a lot for organization along with my Excel lists. 



   














































14 comments:

  1. OOh nice! As usual these are all new to me! Hope you enjoy them all!

    Here's my Monday Wrapup

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping, Jessica.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have to check out Empire Girls.
    Have a great reading week!

    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping, shelleyrae.

    I truly enjoyed Empire Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You will enjoy Delicious. I am listening to it on audio right now and LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't heard of any of these. I am so glad that you enjoyed them. I like seeing other people who have big stacks of books to read. It makes me feel like I'm not as odd as I had thought. Came see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another nice list of books, Elizabeth. The Forgotten Seamstress is one of the books I got at a pre-BEA event last week, so I'm glad it has your stamp of approval. Hope to read it soon.

    My Sunday/Monday post: http://www.bookclublibrarian.com/2014/06/weekly-book-recap-69.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really want to read The Signiture of All Things. It looks really good. I've read The Cutting Season by Attica Locke. Really enjoyed it. Saw it on your blog. Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Empire Girls is on my wishlist and I'm hearing so many good things about Delicious I might have to add it too. Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I will be starting Delicious today.

    Thanks for the info, Sheila, and thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL on your liking seeing big stacks of books.

    I hope I have some place to put them.

    THANKS for stopping, Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You will LOVE The Forgotten Seamstress.

    I have to ask you about a pre-BEA event. Sounds interesting. I didn't know there were any.

    THANKS for stopping, Catherine.

    So many folks I missed seeing at the BEA this year. We should try to set up something so we could have our own meeting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope you get to read, Empire Girls.

    Thanks for stopping, Teddyree.

    ReplyDelete