Monday, June 30, 2014

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? - 6/30/14


   
**********************
I hope you had a great reading week.  
 
**********************
This is a weekly meme run by Book Journey!
 

Post the books completed last week, the books you are currently reading, and the books you hope to finish this week. 


********************** 

Books Completed Last Week:

Believe it or not, I finished two books last week.  :)

Freud's Mistress by Karen Mack and Jennifer Kaufman


Review is in the book's title.  Have you read this book?

HUNTED by Elizabeth Heiter



I haven't read a mystery/thriller lately. 
I liked it.

Would you read this book after reading the review?   Review is in the book's title.


**********************

Book Currently Reading: 


SWEETWATER by Christina Baker Kline

Loved The Orphan Train.  Looking forward to reading this book.



Books Up Next:


THE LIGHTKEEPER'S WIFE by Sarah Anne Johnson



LITTLE MERCIES by Heather Gudenkauf



THE TRUTH ABOUT THE HARRY QUERBERT AFFAIR by Joel Dicker



THE GIRL WHO CAME HOME by Hazel Gaynor




WOMAN OF ILL FAME by Erika Mailman



THE SIGNATURE OF ALL THINGS by Elizabeth Gilbert



PERFECT by Rachel Joyce


UNDER THE WIDE AND STARRY SKY by Nancy Horan


**********************

The books below are not necessarily in the order I have planned to read them.  

I normally read in order of publication or tour date.

And....these are not for reading in the upcoming week.  They are books into and including all of 2014.

The "list" is a means of keeping me organized.  A visual display helps a lot for organization along with my Excel lists. 

   




26 comments:

  1. Hunted is still on my to read pile, glad to learn you enjoyed it.

    Enjoy your reading selections this week!

    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was quite good, shelleyrae. I hope you like it too.

    It was scary, but not horrible scary. More tense than scary. It was informative too. You will learn about police work.

    THANKS for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven' heard of Hunting before, but it sounds just up my alley = a good suspense and thriller. Enjoy your books this week!
    Harvee
    Book Dilettante

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of the books you list are new to me. I do, however, have Orphan Train on my Kindle to read someday. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We've got a lot of the same books to look forward to...some day, lol.

    My post: http://www.bookclublibrarian.com/2014/06/weekly-book-recap-73.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to read Little Mercies...it is going to move ahead of some others in the line (Shh! don't tell...LOL).

    Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait for Little Mercies and I would read Hunted for sure, since thrillers are some of my favorites. Most of your listed books are ones I would want to read; thanks for highlighting so many good titles.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rita - thanks for stopping.

    Pretty neat that you like the books I have. Such fun when another blogger has the same reading interests.

    I hope you get to read Hunted.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is a good thriller, Harvee.

    I hope you get to read it.

    THANKS for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am sure you will like The Orphan Train. Great book, great writing.

    Thanks for stopping, Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah we have similar books.

    I know what you mean about someday. So many good books so little time.

    THANKS for stopping, Catherine.

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOL, Laurel.

    I switch up a lot of books too. Some keep getting pushed down...poor book.

    THANKS for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am listening to Hunted but it is by a different author. Sweetwater is on my Kindle because I liked Orphan Train so much. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVED The Orphan Train.

    Ok on your listening to Hunted by a different author. Wonder how the stories differ.

    THANKS for stopping, Nise.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hunted looks good and I'm intrigued by Sweetwater and The Girl Who Came Home. You've got some other really interesting ones coming up. Look forward to your reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I still have The Orphan Train on my kindle. Didn't realize the author has a new book... I'd better get reading ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for stopping, Katherine.

    I just started Sweetwater...I am loving it already.

    ReplyDelete
  18. THANKS, Carol.

    I love seeing them displayed. It is so exciting knowing great books are waiting.

    THANKS for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  19. JoAnn...I didn't know she had a new book either.

    It is VERY good. I like all of her books.

    THANKS for stopping, JoAnn.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Harry Quebert looks so good - I must buy it some day. I've read 99% positive reviews. Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I really enjoyed The Bookstore and Glitter and Glue. Nice list!

    ReplyDelete
  22. THANKS for stopping, MR.

    Great to hear both Glitter and Glue and The Bookstore are good.

    ReplyDelete
  23. samstillreading...Yeah on Quebert.

    My friend said she heard bad things, but 99% positive sounds better. :)

    THANKS for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  24. We have tons of the same books! I loved Violet Grant...I think I read Hunted...I have to go to Goodreads and check...and if The Bookstore is the one I am thinking of...I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  25. We have tons of the same books! I loved Violet Grant...I think I read Hunted...I have to go to Goodreads and check...and if The Bookstore is the one I am thinking of...I loved it!

    ReplyDelete