Monday, June 9, 2014

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? - Have you checked out: The Qualities of Wood by Mary Vensel White? If not, you should.


   
**********************
I hope you had a great reading week.  
 
**********************
This is a weekly meme run by Book Journey!
 

Post the books completed last week, the books you are currently reading, and the books you hope to finish this week. 

********************** 

Books Completed Last Week:

THE QUALITIES OF WOOD by Mary Vensel White


A strange title, but the book was quite good.

Review will be up on June 16 per publisher request.

Here is a "teaser" from my review to keep you interested.

"THE QUALITIES OF WOOD​ is a subtle thriller and a book you won't want to read if you are alone or at night." 

"I became complete​l​y engrossed in the characters and the storyline. I imagine you will  do the same and try to figure out what’s behind each character."


**********************

Book Currently Reading: 

DELICIOUS by Ruth Reichl 

I have read about 50 pages and am loving it.



Books Up Next:

HUNTED by Elizabeth Heiter

 THE GIRL WHO CAME HOME by Hazel Gaynor




WOMAN OF ILL FAME by Erika Mailman



THE SIGNATURE OF ALL THINGS by Elizabeth Gilbert



PERFECT by Rachel Joyce


UNDER THE WIDE AND STARRY SKY by Nancy Horan


**********************

The books below are not necessarily in the order I have planned to read them.  

I normally read in order of publication or tour date.

And....these are not for reading in the upcoming week.  They are books into and including all of 2014.

The "list" is a means of keeping me organized.  A visual display helps a lot for organization along with my Excel lists. 



   


23 comments:

  1. I am totally hopeless with scary thrillers. I would be getting up out of bed to leave the hall light on!!

    I just bought A Hundred Summers in audiobook form. Although it will probably be a long while before I read it. I was tempted by spend 4 credits and obtain 1 extra free credit at Audible!

    Have a great week of reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! Those are all new to me! Hope you enjoy all your reads for the week!

    Here's my Monday Wrapup

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to see your upcoming reads! the thrill of having so many to choose from.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It isn't horrible scary, but some parts had me scared. :)

    I hear A Hundred Summers is good. I still haven't gotten to it yet. :)

    THANKS for stopping, Kathryn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping, Jessica.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There are quite a lot of books to be read.

    It is fun to see them all listed.

    THANKS for stopping, Mystica.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Quality of Wood is an odd title but your tease for your review makes me want to read it. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many great choices in your list, some of which I got at BEA, and some already in my piles.

    Look forward to your review of The Qualities of Wood--I've seen it all over the blogosphere.

    My post: http://www.bookclublibrarian.com/2014/06/weekly-book-recap-70-bea-2014-edition.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Qualities of Wood was pretty good.

    I loved the characters and all they were made of. :)

    Scary enough to not want to read it alone or in the night, but not awful. Just enough to make you check the doors and windows. :)

    Thanks for stopping, Catherine.

    I wish we could have met at the BEA. That would have been fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great the tease caught your interest, Kathy.

    It was pretty good...I still am not sure about the title, but I think I have an idea.

    THANKS for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I so want to read Delicious! I read Sheila's review of it this morning and I know I really want to read this one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't heard of most of these books either, but I am happy to hear about them. I, too, love lists.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am loving DELICIOUS. I read her review too.

    I hope you get to read it.

    THANKS for stopping, Laura.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Quality of Wood sounds really good. I look forward to reading your review.

    Here's my list this week:

    http://wendimlee.blogspot.com/2014/06/its-monday-what-are-you-reading.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for stopping, Wendi.

    The Qualities of Wood was very good.

    I hope you get to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am very curious about The Qualities of Wood. Hope you enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am glad you like lists too. :)

    They are the best thing to have. I have lists for EVERYTHING. :)

    THANKS for stopping, Nicole K.

    ReplyDelete
  18. It has a very interesting title and a very interesting storyline.

    You should like it, Laurel.

    Thanks for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've loved all of Ruth Reichl's other books....bet this one is good, too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You have a long list of books to read....no pressure though. :) The Bookman's Tale looks good. I just read a review about it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for stopping, Heidi.

    Was the review a good one for The Bookman's Tale.

    I loved the title and ordered it from Powell's Books. Well actually, I won some free books from them and chose The Bookman's Tale.

    LOL...there definitely is pressure, but I have to just ignore it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. DELICIOUS is a fantastic read. I am loving it.

    It is light and oh so good.

    THANKS for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  23. The Qualities of Wood sounds very intense! I'm looking forward to your review. It looks like you have a lot of great books ahead. I read Rachel Joyce's Perfect last month. I liked it, but my expectations were too high after reading The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry (which I loved!).

    ReplyDelete