Monday, June 9, 2014

Mailbox Monday - 6/9/14 - Is your mailbox empty or very full?



 
Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came into their house last week. (Library books don’t count, but eBooks & audiobooks do).    

Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles, and humongous wish lists!

Mailbox Monday, created by Marcia @ A Girl and Her Books, has a permanent home now at Mailbox Monday.


 **********************
Every week Mailbox Monday will have a new linky posted for our Mailbox Monday links at Marcia's Mailbox Monday blog.

Here’s a shout out to the new administrators:

Leslie of Under My Apple Tree 
Vicki of I’d Rather Be at the Beach
Serena @ Savvy Verse And Wit 

THANKS to everyone for keeping Mailbox Monday alive. 

 ****************

I hope you had a good mailbox.  


 ****************

I had a few books this week.  Do I really need more after the BEA haul?  :)

Yep.  We can never have enough books, right?  :)

*****************
On Monday, June 2, I received:

1.  LITTLE MERCIES by Heather Gudenkauf, courtesy of Emer Flounders of Harlequin/MIRA.

This was an unsolicited book, but looks good.




On Wednesday, June 4, I received:

1.  THE HURRICANE SISTERS by Dorothea Benton Frank, courtesy of Katherine Turro of Harper Collins.

I love Dorothea's books.  I met her in person last year at the BEA...very lovely lady.



17 comments:

  1. I got The Hurricane Sisters too and I'm excited about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Hurricane Sisters should be good.

    Thanks for stopping, Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aren't unsolicited books a wonderful surprise. This does look good. Enjoy!
    Harvee
    Book Dilettante

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes...I enjoy the surprise of an unsolicited book. :)

    Most of the ones I receive are pretty good. I have gotten a few that were WAY out of my genre, though.

    THANKS for stopping, Harvee.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like two great books. I hope you enjoy them and have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am eager for both of these books! Enjoy...and have a great week. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used an Audible credit for The Hurricane Sisters and enjoy listening to it on my walks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't listened to any audio books. It sounds like it is something I need to give a try.

    I hear folks talking about them. Sounds like a time saver.

    Thanks for stopping, Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pat...I am looking forward to The Hurricane Sisters.

    I have to check Little Mercies out to see if it is something I will like.

    THANKS for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the cover of The Hurricane Sisters, and I love all of Dorothea's books.

    Enjoy your reading, week, Laurel, and thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was just telling Mary over at Bookfan that I want to read The Hurricane Sisters. Hope you enjoy your books.

    http://www.thebusymomsdaily.com/2014/06/mailbox-monday-june-9.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for stopping, Mary.

    I am looking forward to reading The Hurricane Sisters.

    I hope you get to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for stopping, Leslie.

    I am looking forward to reading both books.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I keep running into these titles. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just read my first Dorothea Benton Frank book and really enjoyed it, so I have to imagine I'd enjoy The Hurricane Sisters as well!

    ReplyDelete