Monday, July 21, 2014

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? - 7/21/14


   a
**********************
I hope you had a great reading week.  
 
**********************
This is a weekly meme run by Book Journey!
 

Post the books completed last week, the books you are currently reading, and the books you hope to finish this week. 


********************** 

Books Completed Last Week:

LITTLE MERCIES by Heather Gudenkauf



This book is fantastic.  You will need some tissues, but it is oh so good.

Review is in the book's title. 

Have you read it?  What did you think? 


**********************

Book Currently Reading: 

THE MILL RIVER REDEMPTION by Darcie Chan
 

If you want to read an amazing book, pick up THE MILL RIVER REDEMPTION.  

I finished this book on Sunday afternoon. Absolutely LOVED it.  Didn't want it to end. Terrific characters and storyline.

If I get the OK from the publisher to post my review before the publication date, I will have my review up on Tuesday, July 22.

Look at the cozy, heartwarming cover.  Don't you just love it?

Books Up Next:

THE WISHING TIDE by Barbara Davis.





DON'T TRY TO FIND ME by Holly  Brown



THE TRUTH ABOUT THE HARRY QUEBERT AFFAIR by Joel Dicker



THE GIRL WHO CAME HOME by Hazel Gaynor




WOMAN OF ILL FAME by Erika Mailman



THE SIGNATURE OF ALL THINGS by Elizabeth Gilbert



PERFECT by Rachel Joyce


UNDER THE WIDE AND STARRY SKY by Nancy Horan


**********************

The books below are not necessarily in the order I have planned to read them.  

I normally read in order of publication or tour date.

And....these are not for reading in the upcoming week.  They are books into and including all of 2014.

The "list" is a means of keeping me organized.  A visual display helps a lot for organization along with my Excel lists. 

     

How was your reading week?  

I added some really good books to my queue the past two weeks.  I am excited!!  

Which ones do you have your eye on?






28 comments:

  1. I hear a lot of delight in the books you read in the past week. Both sound excellent. Hope the coming week is every bit as good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! As usual these are all new to me! Hope you enjoy and enjoyed them all!

    Here's my Monday Wrapup

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for nice sharing .Very informative blog .Visit us for a short world history.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the recs! Glad both books were good - I need a stunning read soon :)
    Happy reading this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning, Kathryn. I love waking up to comments. :)

    Both books were quite good.

    I hope your reading week is good as well.

    THANKS as always for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A stunning read would be THE MILL RIVER REDEMPTION.

    A nice, homey read with great characters.

    THANKS for stopping, samstillreading.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting looking assortment of books. I'm glad you enjoyed them. Come see my week. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like awesome reading. I'll check out those books.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for stopping, Heidi.

    I love all the books...glad you think they are good as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do have quite and assortment don't I? :)

    THANKS for stopping, Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really enjoyed Little Mercies too. It's quite a page-turner! Hope you read some great books this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks readingdate.

    Ending a book is sad and beginning a new one is apprehensive. :)

    Once I get started, though, I keep on.

    Is it like that for everyone?

    ReplyDelete
  13. All of your books look so good. I've heard so much about Little Mercies. I have to add that to my wishlist. The Mill River Redemption looks like another book to add to my list.

    Hope you are enjoying your reading. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Little Mercies was a favourite this year! Love the cover of The Wishing Tide. Have a great week and enjoy your new reads!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The Wishing Tide and Don't Try To Find Me both sound good, the first one just sounds like a nice comfort read perhaps, and the second one a little tense.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Little Mercies has a lot of emotional impact.

    Have a great reading week,
    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete
  17. DON'T TRY TO FIND ME looks interesting. Have a great week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yvonne...I loved THE MILL RIVER REDEMPTION.

    There is another book THE MILL RIVER RECLUSE. I will get to that as well.

    Thanks for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The Wishing Tide is pretty good so far.

    Glad to hear you liked Little Mercies too.

    THANKS for stopping, Teddyree.

    ReplyDelete
  20. The Wishing Tide is a comfy read.

    I haven't read Don't Try To Find Me, but I am sure it is going to be a bit tense.

    THANKS for stopping, Greg.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Definitely on the emotional impact for Little Mercies.

    It was good, but I needed tissues. :)

    THANKS for stopping, shelleyrae.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am looking forward to reading Don't Try To Find Me.

    I like mysteries.

    THANKS for stopping, OzNoir.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for the rave for these books! I must add them to my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I hope you do get to read them, Deb.

    I loved them both.

    THANKS for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm so behind!!! I am finally catching up to visiting blogs!

    Little Mercies sounds fantastic. I think I will need to pick it up. You look like you had a great reading week and a great upcoming one, too!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks for stopping, Jamie.

    I hope you enjoy the book if you read it.


    ReplyDelete