Monday, July 14, 2014

Mailbox Monday - 7/14/14

 
Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came into their house last week. (Library books don’t count, but eBooks & audiobooks do).    

Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles, and humongous wish lists!

Mailbox Monday, created by Marcia @ A Girl and Her Books, has a permanent home now at Mailbox Monday.


 **********************
Every week Mailbox Monday will have a new linky posted for our Mailbox Monday links at Marcia's Mailbox Monday blog.

Here’s a shout out to the new administrators:

Leslie of Under My Apple Tree 
Vicki of I’d Rather Be at the Beach
Serena @ Savvy Verse And Wit 

THANKS to everyone for keeping Mailbox Monday alive. 

 ****************
I hope you had a good mailbox.  

Mine was pretty exciting.  :)
 ****************  
How full or empty was your mailbox this week?
*****************
On Monday, July 7 I received:

1. THE GIRLS AT THE KINGFISHER CLUB by Genevieve Valentine, courtesy of Ariele Fredman or Simon & Schuster.


I LOVE THE COVER - what do you think? 

On Wednesday, July 9, I received:

1.  DON'T TRY TO FIND ME by Holly Brown, courtesy of Ashley Marudas or Harper Collins.


I think it sounds quite good.  Any thoughts?


On Thursday, July 10, I received:

1.  THE PEARL THAT BROKE ITS SHELL by Nadia Hashimi, courtesy of Katherine Turro of Harper Collins.


Gorgeous cover...I love covers.

I actually received two of these books.  One for me and one to share with a friend. 

My friend is quite happy.  :)

On Saturday, July 12, I received:

1.  THE BEEKEEPER'S BALL by Susan Wiggs, courtesy of Evan Brown of Harlequin.

I am very excited I finally was able to get a copy.


Have you read The Beekeeper's Ball yet?  What did you think?

24 comments:

  1. The Pearl That Broke the Shell is on my TBR list, but I haven't read any of the others. Curious about the Beekeeper's Ball. Did you like it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read any of them yet, but have seen a lot of reviews about the Beekeeper's Ball.

    Thanks for stopping, Harvee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed The Beekeeper's Ball. I hope you love all your new books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you had a great week - all of your books look good to me. My mailbox took things easy last week. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great to hear The Beekeeper's Ball is good.

    I love the cover and the title.

    THANKS for stopping, Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am excited about my books, Kathy.

    I love the covers too. I am a cover nut. :)

    Thanks for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love covers, too, and sadly I don't see them often, since many of my reads are on Kindle these days. Except for the review books.

    But this week, I did get a paperback (lovely cover) that is not a review book. (Thursday's Children).

    I loved Don't Try to Find Me. Hope you do, too. And thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I too received Don't Try to Find Me!!


    Here is my post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I too received Don't Try to Find Me!!


    Here is my post.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice haul this week! I'd read all of those :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice haul this week! I'd read all of those :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Elizabeth,

    Quite some haul this week and some very different storylines.

    My personal choice would be 'Don't Try To Find Me', which I have seen on quite a number of sites this past couple of weeks and seems to be attracting some very good reviews and ratings.

    My favourite cover is a bit more difficult to choose, although strangely enough, I quite like the clean lines of 'The Beekeeper's Ball'.

    These are all new to me authors, so I would be happy to try any of them and I hope that you enjoy them all.

    Have a good week,

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm reading Beekeeper's Ball now - it's good!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Covers definitely draw me in. They are an indicator of the book's content for the most part. Do you think that, Laurel?

    I am looking forward to reading Don't Try To Find Me.

    Thanks for stopping, Laurel.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Don't Try to Find Me seems to be popular. I hope we all like it.

    THANKS for stopping, gautami.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for stopping, Tribute Books Mama.

    So you are a cover nut too? :) I love covers.

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOL, stacybuckeye.

    I am looking forward to all of my new books.

    Thanks for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great to see you here, Yvonne.

    I agree that Don't Try to Find Me will be good. I haven't seen any reviews yet, but good to hear they are positive.

    The Beekeeper's Ball has a lovely cover.

    I hope you get to read them, Yvonne.

    THANKS so much for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for stopping, Holly.

    I am very happy about my books this week.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ooooooo....great to hear you are enjoying The Beekeeper's Ball.

    I think it sounds so cute. :) I will be looking for your review.

    THANKS for stopping, Leslie.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I like the sound of The Beekeeper's Ball. Interested to see what you think of it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for stopping, Denise.

    If the cover is an indication of the inside of the book, I think I am going to LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete