Monday, July 21, 2014

Mailbox Monday - 7/21/14

 
Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came into their house last week. (Library books don’t count, but eBooks & audiobooks do).    

Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles, and humongous wish lists!

Mailbox Monday, created by Marcia @ A Girl and Her Books, has a permanent home now at Mailbox Monday.


 **********************
Every week Mailbox Monday will have a new linky posted for our Mailbox Monday links at Marcia's Mailbox Monday blog.

Here’s a shout out to the new administrators:

Leslie of Under My Apple Tree 
Vicki of I’d Rather Be at the Beach
Serena @ Savvy Verse And Wit 

THANKS to everyone for keeping Mailbox Monday alive. 

 ****************
I hope you had a good mailbox.  

Mine was quite empty, but that's ok with me.
 ****************  
How full or empty was your mailbox this week?
*****************
On Friday, July 18 I received:

1.  THE WISHING TIDE by Barbara Davis, courtesy of Danielle Dill of Penguin Group.

I love the cover.  This will be for a post on August 28.

 
I hope the book turns out to be as good as the cover.  I love the cover.
What do you think about the cover?

25 comments:

  1. ENJOY your reading week.

    We are have some hot weather so I will sit on the back porch and read.

    That is my favorite spot to read.

    THANKS for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a gorgeous cover! The book sounds good too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love the cover. Will be starting it soon.

    I am sure it is good.

    THANKS for stopping, Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, great cover. Hope it's a good read. I'm off to look it up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. THANKS for stopping, Mary.

    I hope it is good too. They compared the author to Karen White. I like her books.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the cover of that one. Happy reading this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is definitely a gorgeous cover. Enjoy!

    Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Curious about Wishing Tide. Hope to read your comments.
    Harvee
    Book Dilettante

    ReplyDelete
  9. I started The Wishing Tide today. It is pretty good.

    A writer has a bed and breakfast and now there is a big storm.

    Thanks for stopping, Harvee.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the cover too. The book seems pretty good as well.

    Thanks for stopping, Laurel.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks, Serena.

    Happy Reading to you too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely cover! Hope you love it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for stopping, Peggy.

    It is pretty good and I am on page 45.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for stopping, Tribute Books Mama.

    I am a cover nut, and I love this one.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful cover. I only received one as well, but slow mailbox weeks are ok with me! Enjoy!

    2 Kids and Tired Books MM

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for stopping by, Holly.

    Enjoy your reading week.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Elizabeth,

    Who cares that there is only one new book to talk about, when it sounds as good as this one!

    After having checked out the premise, I am not too sure just how relevant the cover is, but it is definitely alluring and evocative. If you get the chance, check out the author's other novel 'The Secrets She Carried'. This story sounds just as good and the cover looks to have been designed by the same hand. The two covers together are quite stunning.

    https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/16056382-the-secrets-she-carried

    Barbara Davis is definitely another author for the list i am supposed to be culling and making shorter!!

    Have a good week,

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have never read a book by Barbara Davis, but I am liking the book already.

    On my way to check out The Secrets She Carried. THANKS.

    Have a great week, Yvonne, and thanks for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for stopping by, Emma.

    I loved your book video.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I agree. Really great cover. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sarah...thanks so much for stopping.

    I love covers. :)

    ReplyDelete